Rekindled

The daughter and I went looking for treasures again today. She scored but I stuck out. I even had on my lucky hat. Anyway the shop owner ask what we were looking for. I am usually reluctant to say because the price goes up when they know what you want, especailly if the item is not marked. I told her I had an interest in marbles and it was on. She said she loved marbles and that she use to collect a few but never really stayed with it because it was so difficult to identify all the different kinds. I agreed and told her there are books and on-line forums with very knowedgable people that show pics and names that have helped me tremendously.  We talked and I showed her what little I know, which took about 5 minutes, about certian characteristics to look for like colors, seam lines, and certian patterns that help identify the marble and so on. She didn't know there were things like that to look for. It was like a light came on. I didn't think I was ever going to get away. She told me to come back in a few weeks because said she was going to dig out all of her stuff and try to see if she could ID some of them and possibly sell me a few. Who knows maybe I'll get to buy a cool marble next go around.  

• Like 3
  • Award 1