Sad News - Paul Williams

Scoop

Thanks to Lizzy for digging this thread about Paul Williams out of the old archived board... Rather than just link it (because I don't know if that board will always exist....) I copied it and did the best I could to make it clear... Here's a link to the original Sad News

post-2-1167848945_thumb.jpg

Sad news.

---------------------

pjdubya

(5/27/05 9:39)

Reply | Edit | Del

Re: thomas reed

----------------------

hello , unfortunatly paul sadly passedthis morning now financialy ineed to sell his marbles some where may be alan could help.i wish to appologise in advance if i sell something that has been given to paul but i need to think of the children . its a hard desition to deal with now but has to done. you might thinks its hartless but life goes on and i have to look after his children i hope you understand .thanks sharon .thanks all for your concernes to.

ps coul some one be kind enought to post on the other boards

as it is rather upsetting now.knowing this is where he chatted to most of his friends.

Greg11

(5/27/05 11:33 am)

Re:

--------------------

I am sorry to hear this about Paul. I hope he is resting and thinking about marble collecting, life and his family.

1DanS

(5/27/05 11:56 am)

Re: Sad news.

--------------------

That is terrible news Tom. If you are in contact with his family, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Thanks.

Edited by: 1DanS at: 5/27/05 12:00 pm

catsrock2

marblecat_brat

(5/27/05 12:03 pm)

---------------------

I am stricken with grief over this. My heartfelt condolenses go out to his family. Paul was a friend and I am devastated. My cousins 23 year old son hung himself Sunday right after his sisters wedding and now this. I need to go hug my children and grandson. God speed Paul - RIP and sorry I never hit the

big one.

Edited by: catsrock2 at: 5/27/05 12:56 pm

duffytrash222

Super Steelers Fan

(5/27/05 1:08 pm)

-----------------------

yes it is sad. i never met paul but i liked him. it was always fun to chat with him in the chat room. im sad. steve

Everythingmintnow

(5/27/05 1:08 pm)

ezSupporter

-------------------

Sorry to hear about that. That's terrrible. Too bad with Paul. I plan on talking to Sharon later and I'll let you know what I find out. Thank you, Tom

VTAndrea

Marble Maven

(5/27/05 1:56 pm)

--------------------

I am so sorry to hear this. I had a few nice emails with Paul not too long ago. He treated me very well in a couple transactions--a real gentleman. How tragic for the family.

Everythingmintnow

(5/27/05 1:59 pm)

ezSupporter

---------------------

He was a very nice, honest guy. Great grader ,too!

gretchka

(5/27/05 2:25 pm)

-------------------

My sorrow goes out to the family and to all of you who were friends with him. I did not know him but I metioned this to Gretchen and she wanted me to let everyone know that she sends her condolences. She says he was nice and honest person to deal with.

dave

MORDISKUL

(5/27/05 3:29 pm)

---------------------

I dint know paul but ive heard nothing but good things about the man, may god rest his sole. my prayers go with his family.

dust9

(5/27/05 4:01 pm)

----------------------

My thoughts go out to his family. I always enjoyed his take on things.

Bob M

brandy1976

(5/27/05 5:14 pm)

-----------------------

It is truly sad news to hear....my prayers and thoughts are with Paul's family and friends...

Brandy

noeql

(5/27/05 6:16 pm)

-----------------------

I'm sorry to hear about Paul. I liked reading his posts and we had some fun bantering back and forth through email. He sent me a couple marbles just for the fun of it that have been sitting on my computer desk for a while now. Suddenly they have taken on a whole new meaning. My heart felt condolences to his wife Sharon and the children. God's peace and rest to you my friend.

Rich

akronmarblesdotcom

(5/27/05 7:21 pm)

------------------------

Sad indeed. We should set up a fund to help out Sharon and the children. Could someone post a mailing address where we could send offerings to Sharon? I'm not sure if the mail address that I have is still good or not.

Regards,

Brian Graham

ackiedee

Antique Handmade Collector

(5/27/05 10:04 pm)

---------------------

I did not know or meet Paul but did enjoy reading his posts.

Sorry to hear the news. God Bless the family and will be in my thoughts.

Di

Pharez1

Marble Enthusiast

(5/27/05 10:57 pm)

ezSupporter

--------------------

I am truly struck sad, Paul always stuck up for me and I never met him but I miss him already.

My prayers will be for Sharon and the Kids.

P.S. Also I am looking for Artists that may read this thread that would like to donate a marble of theirs they made , I will auction it off as Chairity and donate the funds to Sharon for the Kids. My email is ([email protected]) so any one that has a contemporary even that you would like donated to the care of Pauls Family simply email me or I know Alan will be selling Paul's Collection for Sharon.!!

God bless each and every one.

Sincerely Carl~~~

Everythingmintnow

(5/27/05 11:48 pm)

ezSupporter

--------------------

Things were looking good not long ago. I'm all for whatever anyone wants to do to raise some money for Sharon and the children.

Hello thomas ,

Paul has received the marble which you have sent him in the week.But he is critacally ill in hospital .He has lost one of his legs. and at the moment stable .Do you want me to send this marble back? or you happy to wait till he gets out? but i dont know how long this will take. it could be a couple of months. thanks.sharon.

scoop54

(5/28/05 12:16 am)

--------------------

Oh Tom... I'm a wreck... This is just such a blow...

Thanks so much for posting... I need to pick my jaw up off the desk and we'll pull something together...

In the mean time, please send my love to Sharon and the kids.....

pjdubya

Marble Sniper

(5/28/05 1:43 am)

--------------------

hello thanks for the kindness of you all its bringing a big comfort reading these posts with a few tears. i know he enjoyed talking to his friends there and collecting marbles .

sharon.

Snady K

(5/28/05 7:15 am)

---------------------

I'm still in shock over the news.

He was one of the good ones.

Not too long ago we were talking via e-mail about our kids. and I had mentioned that my youngest daughter was being picked on at school and she came home almost everyday in tears.

And out of the blue he sent her a very nice postcard with a picture of a castle so she could take and show everyone that she had a friend in England.

well she came home that day telling me how everyone was passing around that postcard saying...."Cooooool" and "Awesome"

she was on top of the world that day.

Paul~ You will be sadly missed.

Kenny JR

(5/28/05 7:29 am)

--------------------

Best wishes and condolences to Paul's family.

Edited by: Kenny JR at: 5/28/05 7:30 am

tankgrrl29

Marble God

(5/28/05 8:02 am)

--------------------

that's a really sweet story, sandy. and so typical of paul. he was a good and loyal friend, always looking out for the other person. i loved his sense of humor and how he was always ready to stand up and say what he believed in, while never afraid to admit when he was mistaken about something.

he once posted a picture of a really cool foreign metallic marble, and i asked if he had any for trade...next thing i knew he was asking for my address to send me one - along with several others. that was a long time ago, and we'd since traded marbles, postcards, and emails.

i'm really going to miss his friendship. i can't imagine what his family is going through. my thoughts are with them, and all of us who share their loss.

~chris

coolbrezz

(5/28/05 9:49 am)

------------------

I did not have the pleasure of knowing Paul. But have read some of his threads. Just from reading what everyone is saying about him, and truley feeling thier sadness! I would like to share something with Pauls family and friends. Two years ago I went thru the same thing. And this is the only thing that made myself and my 2 children feel any better. I hope this will help everyone that loved Paul. Paul has left a wonderful gift to us all! He has made Heaven and even more Beautiful place by being there!

Bocci

(5/29/05 9:51 am)

------------------

Don't know what to say. I just lost a friend last week and now Paulie...............

Sharon, please except my heartfelt condolences. I prayed all week for Paul. I will miss him.

God bless you and the children.

Bocci (Ant)

LouisCamp

Administrator

(5/29/05 12:20 pm)

ezSupporter

---------------------

I never had the pleasure of interacting with Paul. I surely did enjoy his postings. I was shocked to hear he lost a leg and then the final blow. I will miss Paul's postings.

God bless his family.

Lou

Questions? - [email protected]

Everythingmintnow

(5/29/05 7:20 pm)

ezSupporter

-------------------

I have kind of an idea what you respect....you would have loved this guy. Top notch!

leroy65

(5/31/05 8:13 am)

-------------------

My heart is very heavy. I have been away from my computer for awhile and this is sad news. Paul and I go back quite away' and I had several occasions to visit with him on the phone. He was always a pleasure to visit with. My heartfelt condolences and prayers go out to Sharon and the family. ----Leroy----

• 3 years later...