Another Terrible Loss......

Scoop

I was devastated by an email from Nadine MacDonald, letting me know that Pat Fappiano passed away on March 5 after a short bout with lung cancer...

Pat was a great friend with an infectious love of marbles, glass in general and all those around her....

Her Boisterous "Hey Buddy!!!" will always be with me.... We're really gonna miss you, Girl!!! :unsure:-_-

Her enthusiasm was always runnin' way over the speed limit.... She just could never get enough of the wonder inside of a little glass ball.....

WINSTED — Patricia E. Fappiano, age 52, of Mountain View Terrace, Winsted, passed away Wednesday morning, March 5, at Charlotte Hungerford Hospital in Torrington after a brief illness.

Patricia was born on September 15, 1955, in Waterbury, a daughter of the late Frank and Helen (Cappelli) Fappiano.

She was a graduate of Wilby High School, class of 1973, and Western CT State University, class of 1977, with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Music and a minor in Psychology. Patricia was a mental health assistant for the Capital Region Health Center for 14 years before her illness. She was an avid antique shopper and was an accomplished pianist. She loved and was an advocate for animals.

Patricia is survived by a brother, Chris Fappiano and his wife, Rose of Townsend, Mass., a nephew, Francis Fappiano, a niece, Catherine Fappiano, two grandnieces, Kaitlynn and Christianna Fappiano and several aunts, uncles and cousins.

A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated on Saturday, March 8, at 10 a.m. at St. Michael’s Church in Waterbury. Friends and family are asked to please meet at church. Burial will be at the convenience of the family. Friends may call at the Maiorano Funeral Home, 95 Willow St., Waterbury, CT 06710 on Friday evening from 5 to 7 p.m.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Chrysalis Center, 278 Farmington Ave., Hartford, CT 06105 or the Last Post Cat Refuge, 95 Beldon St., Falls Village, CT 06031.

• 4 months later...

Thanks Laurie!!! I'm going to link this to Glass Addiction... I think Gateson would like to see it...

Seeing pics of Pat just makes me want to cry and cry..... But, I know she wouldn't want that....

Man.... We're gonna miss her..... :(

Hi all over here at The Marble Connection

I just wanted to take a moment and say what an awesome person Pat was. Seeing her when I went to Bert's shows was always the highlight of my trip. I think that it will really sink in for me when I go to Boston in October. I will surely miss her timely visit to get the first look over the work I brought.

She had a fantastic enthusiasm for glass and I am so proud that she collected my work.

If anyone can pass on the info that I would like to add a couple marbles to her collection, they can email me through my website....

universemarbles.com

Pat will always be missed and remembered

Gateson