Group 009 identification/value range

Jjay

Hey, thanks again for your help identifying these marbles. I've got most of them separated into some kind of group anyway (except the cateyes). Now I just need to take some pictures and post them. I have had a few comments on the best views to portray for identification purposes. If you have some input on this I would appreciate it. Thanks.

IMG_3537.JPG

IMG_3533.JPG

In the first photo, #1, 2 and 5 have seams showing.  That's the feature we're looking for on these patch style marbles.

#1.  Vitro blackline all-red  -- this is from the 1950's, earlier and more desirable than the most common all-red which doesn't have the "black line"

#2. Peltier Rainbo -- an attractive one

#3. Another Pelt Rainbo probably (but has similar colors to a well-known Alley swirl, so this is an example of why it's good to know if the marble has seams)

#4. I think Transparent Swirl (which is in the WV Swirl category).  I say "I think" because it's close to looking like a slag, but I do think swirl.

#5. Marble King Tri-color Rainbow

#6. I think this one is a slag -- machine-made slags are from the 1900's to about 1930.