Estate Sale Marbles -- Overview

Serine23

OK. So here are 5 images, I separated them into numbered rows, and batches. I pulled out damaged ones, though I just noticed one in the 5th image at the bottom. Thank you for any assistance in identifying these. My kiddo is interested in making a collection or building on my grandfathers collection, but I'll likely sell any that are truly special. I love the green on in the 2nd image in row 4, 3rd from the left.

P6210194.jpg

P6210187.jpg

P6210185.jpg

P6210181.jpg

P6210177.jpg

That's a lot of marbles for one thread.  

I split this off into its own thread because that's the first step -- a new thread for each new group to ID.  

We'll see if anyone feels like jumping in and ID-ing a few.  

One kind of marble you might be able to quickly learn to ID is the Akro Corkscrew.  If you can master that one, you'll have a nice chunk of yours ID-ed.

Picture 1, Row 1, #7 might be a corkscrew.

And Picture 1, Row 2, #4. 

And Row 3, #1

And Row 4, #4 and #5

And some others.  

The last row in Picture 1 -- #8 (2nd from right) might be one.  That's interesting.

I'll stop there for now.

Two reasons that we need only a few marbles per thread:

1) It's a daunting task to see so many at once and try to ID. ;)

2) Often we need more than one view of a marble to be able to ID it, so when we start asking for extra views in a thread which has a lot of marbles, that gets very complicated.

That said -- I would like to see more views of that blue and yellow one on the bottom row in Picture 1.

Maybe Peltier Rainbo Swirls, last 5th picture, black white and red?

Row 6 # 1 & 5

Row 8 # 1

The big marble in the 3rd photo, row 5 # 4 that looks like a helmet looks like an old Japanese marble. They were described and shown at length in an old thread on this website.

How are my guesses.

The Akro Popeyes would be good for your child's collection.  They do have some value, but probably not so much that you would feel compelled to sell them.

E.g., Picture 4, Row 8, Marble #4.  And possibly Marble #5 in the same row. 

And Picture 5, Row 8, Marble #5.  

7 hours ago, Steph said:

You might be onto something there.

Serine, if that's a Rebel, that's a good one. 

Thank you. That "rebel" one is pretty nifty. I'll have to gauge how serious he is about his collecting. Otherwise I suppose I'll put them on eBay. My eye is not very fine, I just know which ones I like :)

Edited by Steph
fixed quote :)