Marbles (4) Id help

Prometheus0505

I am novice at best and just starting to learn so any info on these would be great. They are part of a larger collection that I have gathered serendipitously over time so there is no real rhyme or reason except for "That's cool. I should keep that." If you have any questions or would like a photo with a better angle just ask. 

As far as designation goes   A1  A2  

B1  B2

Thanks,

Paul

IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3701.jpg

IMG_3702.jpg

A2 and B2 are Alley Agates.  From the 1940's.

All four marbles are in the general category of "West Virginia Swirls".  There were about 10 companies in West Virginia which made similar-looking swirls.  (There was also a company in Missouri which had WV machines and usually is included in this group because it's hard to distinguish.)

Sometimes the swirl pattern or color combos or size are distinct enough that we can nail a company down, or at least narrow down the choices, but it's tricky.  So often the ID answer will be "WV Swirl" and we have to leave it at that.

There's also some possibility of a swirl turning out to be Christensen Agate, which is not a WV Swirl.  Your first marble, A1, I said was a WV swirl, but I can't swear it's not Christensen. Just odds say it's not.   Maybe someone else will feel more positive about it. 

My first thought is Champion for B1, but maybe Alley.  (So to be safe, sticking with "WV Swirl".)

Swirls like A1 are sometimes also/instead lumped into the "Transparent Swirl" category.  That covers both the Christensen and Alox possibilities as well as all the WV choices.