A Rough Day

glangley

Well, I still haven't been able to get my water flowing yet. I think my well pump maybe shot or their is something wrong with the power coming in to the box out there. I will have to try to work on it more tomorrow. It's just so darn hard, frustrating and painful to get out there and try to do. Just from the little I did in the last two days helping my wife is got my pain level through the roof. So much so that medication does nothing to keep it at bay. I am confident that the dreams I have tonight will be some doosie's.

Usually when it gets this bad, if I get any sleep at all the pain will find it's way into my sleep as well. Just to name a few, I have had dreams of being crushed underneath cars, having surgery while awake and unable to speak to tell them to stop because I could feel it all, and even dreampt of being eaten alive by hungry lions, each time I wake up and find that the part of my body in the dream is throbbing like crazy. It is hard to sleep when it gets this bad, but I wanted to share something with you all that helps take my mind off of it, even if only briefly, whcih allows me to get to sleep.

I probably have a few hundred marbles in my meager collection. I'll go grab a box of my favorite marbles, Jabo's of course :) , and set it beside my bed on my dresser. After marveling at them again and again, I will pick one to hold, and I rub it with my thumb and forefinger. It's something about the smooth glass, the texture and knowing the beauty I have in my hand. I let my mind imagine all the people that helped make it, that maybe held it before me and what they thought of it's wonder. I think of future marbles that have yet to be created but are waiting in cullet, and in the imagination of those like Dave M, and all those wonderful people out there who take part in the creating. The many artist's out there creating them one by one, with sweat, fire and love of glass wonders. All the time rubbing the marble with my thumb and forefinger. Maybe it's an obsessive compulsive disorder, but it helps me take my mind elsewhere.

Since im still up after midnight and the pain level is intense, I was heading over to my little marble curio cabinet to snag a box before retreating to bed. I thought i'd pop in here just to say hi and tell you all how wonderful it is to know you here. I hope you all have a very blessed day tomorrow and God honors and keeps you all the days of your lives.

Your friend in Michigan,

Well, I still haven't been able to get my water flowing yet. I think my well pump maybe shot or their is something wrong with the power coming in to the box out there. I will have to try to work on it more tomorrow. It's just so darn hard, frustrating and painful to get out there and try to do. Just from the little I did in the last two days helping my wife is got my pain level through the roof. So much so that medication does nothing to keep it at bay. I am confident that the dreams I have tonight will be some doosie's.

Usually when it gets this bad, if I get any sleep at all the pain will find it's way into my sleep as well. Just to name a few, I have had dreams of being crushed underneath cars, having surgery while awake and unable to speak to tell them to stop because I could feel it all, and even dreampt of being eaten alive by hungry lions, each time I wake up and find that the part of my body in the dream is throbbing like crazy. It is hard to sleep when it gets this bad, but I wanted to share something with you all that helps take my mind off of it, even if only briefly, whcih allows me to get to sleep.

I probably have a few hundred marbles in my meager collection. I'll go grab a box of my favorite marbles, Jabo's of course :) , and set it beside my bed on my dresser. After marveling at them again and again, I will pick one to hold, and I rub it with my thumb and forefinger. It's something about the smooth glass, the texture and knowing the beauty I have in my hand. I let my mind imagine all the people that helped make it, that maybe held it before me and what they thought of it's wonder. I think of future marbles that have yet to be created but are waiting in cullet, and in the imagination of those like Dave M, and all those wonderful people out there who take part in the creating. The many artist's out there creating them one by one, with sweat, fire and love of glass wonders. All the time rubbing the marble with my thumb and forefinger. Maybe it's an obsessive compulsive disorder, but it helps me take my mind elsewhere.

Since im still up after midnight and the pain level is intense, I was heading over to my little marble curio cabinet to snag a box before retreating to bed. I thought i'd pop in here just to say hi and tell you all how wonderful it is to know you here. I hope you all have a very blessed day tomorrow and God honors and keeps you all the days of your lives.

Your friend in Michigan,

Well I wish you have a better night after getting your box of marbles I understand all that trouble of sleeping pain as I do my self I have nureophathy in my hands and feet Try and get to sleep as I am now going to try God Bless you and hopefully the pain will ease up some

jeff

I actually got more sleep than I had anticipated, although my prediction of wierd dreams did come true. I dreampt I was back in the service but this time I had to scoot along the ground with my hands while dragging my legs behind me. When I woke up both legs hurt like a bugger! lol But the marble helped me get to sleep.

I know it's an odd use for something we all love and enjoy. I just thought I would share with all of you. I guess it's a part of who I am now. Maybe I could write a book and call it "101 uses for the Marble" :) lol that would be a hoot!! Maybe start another thread and have everyone here contribute with their idea's and uses?? Hey that sounds like fun! lol I am going to go start that thread now and see where it takes us. :) God bless you dakodiak, and God bless you all.

I can also relate to all your frustration Gary. My water line froze a few nights ago when it hit 28 below zero here, and we just got 14" of snow. If we don't get a warm spell soon, I'll be without water until Spring. I am rarely able to get more then 3-5 hours sleep because of pain. I have degenerative joint disease and RSD, as well as a seizure condition that causes migraines, but like you, my marbles bring a lot of comfort and help keep my mind from dwelling on the pain. I have 3 boxes of Jabos on my bed all the time, and I take them out and check every speck of them over with a magnifying glass. It amazes me how the colors come out when viewed that way.

Things will get better, we know that. :Crazy_670: