I Just Don't Get It...

m!b$

rares.jpg

rares2.jpg

Here is a picture of a similar marble that we bought in the 1980's. I was glad to get it for $650. They are individually made marbles, not cane cut, so there probably aren't a lot of them around.

Everybody's heard the Auctioneer say " It's only money folks. "

Mint marbles are a treat! I bet the stack of 23 hundreds in the mail didn't look any better to the new owner than the marble does in his hand.

I'm Hip,

:Happy_457:

LL

M!b$ said:

That's probably true...as long as keeping the wolf from the door isn't an issue.

Too true.

You can't eat marble soup. All the marbles in the pictures above have long since gone to new custodians.

You can though, almost always find a marble that will make you smile. They don't have to cost in the thousands either. I have seen entire collections purchased out of the 10 cent & dollar bins.

The last marble I added to my collection was quite inexpensive. A beautiful agate I purchased from Zaboo for $25.

As I remember it, Dani & Ernie bought it from me quite a few years before, so I guess I only bought it back. The idea that the Kirks had the marble in their collection for 10 years makes it even more fun for me.

I'm Hip,

:Happy_457:

LL