Just Another Waxed Marble

well I got this marble a few weeks ago and thought it was neat as it is an end of or first off marble ?? I think so at least . so I thought it should be helped a little so I waxed it so it would show better . Mike

1.jpg...'''2.jpg

3.jpg...4.jpg...5.jpg

6.jpg...7.jpg...8.jpg

9.jpg...10.jpg

it is not a wax but a industrial water soluble polymer that is used as a floor finish in schools

No Kidding! Some details! Does the solution do anything to the glass after it has been on there? Any yellowing? Is it easy to do? etc and so on.....

Ps, I checked out your link to the pictures and WOW-o-WOW do you have some nice marbles! And some nice pictures of others marbles and AKRO!!!!!!

Hi all this does not damage the marble , it does not yellow ,and it does not fill in chips , but it will fill in small nicks , it is very much like painting on water , you must put on a very little as it will flow down . I have started using this on my African trade beads .

Also if you want to remove it just soak in water and wash it off , but it will take a while as it is a hard finish since it is made for high traffic hall ways in a school .

I have had some well over 10 years and still look great . There was a lot of years ago an artist that used a product like this but it was a little different as he would apply and then put in a sphere machine to make round , I saw a 2 inch clambroth that he did , he ground the glass down and then repainted the lines and then applied a polymer and then ground round , he did a great job but the marble community complained so much he stopped redoing marbles. Mike