Sistersville Selling Plug

SNYD

Just a quick plug to let everyone who has contacted me about polishing machines know.....Yes, I will have five completed machines at the show ready for purchasing. I only make five machines per year, as this is not my full time hobby. Once these five are sold, there will not be anymore until next year. Unfortunitly, next year the prices will have to go up. I can not buy the materials at the present prices, sorry.

These machines can polish marbles from 1/2" up to 2 1/8", at least that is the biggest I have done. The machines are "all" aluminum frames and stainless hinges. No wood to warp like the other machines made. They have anti crash bars which no other machine made has. I will be letting these go for a special price at the festival, only $250.00. If you check them out and then price out the materials, you'll see that my profit is less than $50.00 each and it takes time to make them.

Hope to see all of you at Sistersville! Don't forget to pick up your offical 2009 festival mug! See or call Jim King to get one.

SNYD

I would love to post some photos. I have tried for a long time to figure out how to post picture here and I can not seem to be able to do it. Please remember, I am not a computer buff by any means. I say this because I have had a lot of directions, but I get lost. Sorry, too dumb to understand I guess.

If anyone that knows how to do it and will be at Sistersville, they could help you out.

Dave,

Yes, I will have a machine running to show how they work. All the machines that will be there will run, I just have them set up to show different set ups for different size marbles. I did this so I do not have to do alot of changing at the show. The one running will have a marble in it, I will not use grit though.

Yes, it is first come first serve, sorry.

Yes, I give all the suppliers information on where to purchase grits and fittings.

Yes, I have a tips and suggestions sheet to help you get started.

Yes, if you want three machines you can get them, if I have three to sell. You can buy all five if you like.

No, I do not do house calls to aid in learning. It is very easy and you'll catch on.

No, I do not make machines for individuals. I do this during the winter months when we get four and five foot of snow to help time go by. I only do five machines each year. If you call and I have one, then yes; an idividual can get it. I just do not wnat to take orders, in case I find another project to do and want time.

No, these machines are strictly my design and I have never seen one made from aluminum, only wood.

Yes, I polish for a hobby. This is how I came up with the design of the machine. I have been doing my own marbles for five years.

No, I do not polish for others. I do not want to do this because of the dishonesty that can take place with poilshed mibs.

Okay I think I covered all your questions. I posted them because I have had others ask some of the same questions. I am killing four birds with one stone!

SNYD

Thanks to all at the show. It was a success. Sorry to all those folks who did not get a machine that wanted one. I sold out the first morning by 10:oo am. The next round of machines are all spoken for also.

Even people who owned wooden machines are on the waiting list for machines.

Please, all of those who purchased machines, please be honest and true with your adventures with the machines. I saw a lot of polished mibs at the show that were selling as originals. :evil-grin-smileys-111:

Polishing and selling the mibs is okay and in fact it is restoring at it's best. Just be upfront about it.

KEEP ON POLISHING ! ! ! ! !

SNYD

This is a very fortuitous thread! I have a lot of older marbles that I would like to clean up for my display purposes only, but have wondered about the ethos behind the whole thing. Lots of polished marbles being sold as original finish, which is downright wrong, but I am sure happens a lot. I have some good ones with just enough small problems to detract from the meant beauty of the dang things. I am getting the vibes that it is okay to polish your collection as needed, but it should absolutely be documented so that future inheritees know the history behind the marble. And I am sure no one in this forum would ever, :fighting-547: knowingly sell a polished marble without all kinds of disclaimers, right?

Thank you for these great posts that are loaded with good stuff!

Thanks to all at the show. It was a success. Sorry to all those folks who did not get a machine that wanted one. I sold out the first morning by 10:oo am. The next round of machines are all spoken for also.

Even people who owned wooden machines are on the waiting list for machines.

Saw them them looked nice.

Rumor was that one person bought all of them?

It would have been cool to see it in action.

Please, all of those who purchased machines, please be honest and true with your adventures with the machines. I saw a lot of polished mibs at the show that were selling as originals. :evil-grin-smileys-111:

Polishing and selling the mibs is okay and in fact it is restoring at it's best. Just be upfront about it.

KEEP ON POLISHING ! ! ! ! !

SNYD

Right On POINT!!!!

:music-rocker-001:

I am so glad to hear you say that!

John, Since my table was next to yours, I had the privilege of seeing your very professionally made polishing machines.

Nice work.

I don't believe one person bought all five machines because I think my roommate Clyde bought one of them.

It was also great to see the machine in action.

Great addition to an outstanding show.

Burt

Burt,

You sligh dog you......................I had a great time working you down on that onionskin. You made the show one heck of a great time for me and my wife. You bring the true reason for collecting to light :music-rocker-001: CLyde was a treat too. I really liked him and hope he comes again. Your right, one guy bought four and Clyde bought one. I am sending his out this week.

Your partner in crime, ( no names - red hair, glasses, glazed eyes,) got one heck of a deal on a rare and hard to find Marble King from Jill!!!! We went to her place Sunday, I bought a bag full of popeyes :jumping-1020: Clyde worked me, he got three top end popeyes from the bag.

I can't wait to see what you bring me next year! Okay, an hour of working you to drop the price was a little much :white-flag-25: But I stick to my guns, I am working out all year so next year, it will be two hours :fighting-547:

You are a true asset to the marble comunity, Thank you for being you!

This ones for you - :party-780:

SNYD