First Marble Show For Me

BarbB

I'll be doing my first marble show at the Orange County Marble Show in Fullerton, CA on March 20th. I'll have some of my marbles that I made there but since I don't have a lot I will also have some of my husbands vintage marbles. I know hardly anything about vintage marbles so can I ask for advise about pricing? I have LOTS of Cat's Eye marbles. They're so common I was thinking probably around $.05 - $.10 a piece for them. Is that about right? Also he has a bunch of clays and Bennington's in varying sizes that I will probably take. He hasn't studied the market in ages and I never have so I have no clue what fair market value is. I'm not looking to make a fortune, just clean out some clutter and collections. But I'm sure these are worth somewhat more than Cats Eye's so any guidance would be appreciated.

Barbara

Barbara - are you coming just for the day of the show - Saturday? If you can come by on Thursday or Friday and bring what you have, you can sit down with some of the collectors and they can give you some ideas on values and pricing. The 'in-room' visiting (trading, buying & selling, too) portion goes on all afternoon and evening (various rooms open whenever - no set pattern - people are open in afternoon, go to dinner, come back and open up again, etc.) Plus you get to see other collectors marbles, if you are interested.

Al,

I was only planning on coming for the day of the show, but I'm thinking I may take Thursday and Friday off from work to get prepared. Maybe I will come by for the pre-show. I don't live that far away from it. I'd love to get some opinions.

See you soon,

Barb

I didn't get around to taking pics this weekend but trust me, I'll have PLENTY left after this show. I'm not taking that many of the vintage marbles to the show. I just need to get my husband to sort them out into categories.

And because I don't have a lot of my own marbles and am taking a some of the vintage marbles, I will fill up my table with what I will call for this show my "Marbles Morphed into Seashells". :) I'll have some made up as wine stoppers and some as ceiling fan pulls.

Barbara

www.barbbbeads.com

Yes, do try to come by either Thursday or Friday - will be easier to help you figure out what you have.

Sorry, I couldn't make it down there but I'll see you tomorrow. Stop by my table. I will bring the Bennington's and clays with me but I'm not going to put them out for sale to the public. But I would like to get a good opinion on them.

Barb