The Goonies 1985 Film Marble Pouch

Hi guys,

I'm new here and am after some information if you can please help me?? I was watching the film The Goonies and noticed the Marble King pouch in the film, now I have spoken to a few people who have had different thoughts on this marble pouch. I have heard it was just made for the production of the film, but I have also heard this bag was from the 50's - 70s....? I have attached a few screen shots from the film and if anyone has any information on this marbles pouch and the marbles I would love to hear your thoughts!!

pouch6.jpg

pouchzoom.jpg

pouch3.jpg

rosalita.jpg

Thanks!

Andy

i think the marbles pictured look to be asian cateyes and stuff...the owner has talked about mks involvement in the movie but i dont think that bag is a production item...next time i go to the plant ill ck it out....

i think the marbles pictured look to be asian cateyes and stuff...the owner has talked about mks involvement in the movie but i dont think that bag is a production item...next time i go to the plant ill ck it out....

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

When you say the owner, do you mean the owner of Marble King or you know the owner of this bag?? I just recently spoke to Marble King who have been extremely friendly and helpful. I was told at the time around the film a suede bag with rawhide ties and a flannel bag were made, but maybe I got confused because I thought this meant the bags that were produced in general production around this time were of this material... But now I am just wondering if Marble King just made this bag for the movie...?

Thanks!

Andy

i live about 6 miles from the plant and i do know the owner...i go to the plant every once in a while and i could find out something prob this week....i dont know if it was a production item or not or if it was made for the movie...thats their logo for sure...

i live about 6 miles from the plant and i do know the owner...i go to the plant every once in a while and i could find out something prob this week....i dont know if it was a production item or not or if it was made for the movie...thats their logo for sure...

I'll be speaking to Beri over the next few days as she is hopefully going to be making some of these bags for me. I have some friends who are big Goonies fans, and this year is the 25th Anniversary of the film which sparked an interest in everything Goonies, hence trying to get info on these bags... I have sent her screen shots and what dimensions I think this bag might have been for her to try and make some more up. She told me it would take forever to search back through all their records to find this info, but did say at that time there were two bags, the suede with rawhide ties and a flannel bag. When I watch the film I believe in some of the scenes we see the suede bag, but I think maybe at the end of the film it could be a flannel bag.

But sure, if you are heading down there you can mention you have been talking to me, she will know who I am, the one who keeps bombarding her with emails and different screen shots to help to reproduce this bag! ha ha. But it would be cool to find out if these were just produced for the film or if they were a production marbles bag.

Thanks again for your replies!

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. 25 years ago? The marbles look like Vacor de Mexico Flamas and Stripers(That's the right period for them) although I'd think with the MK connection the MK people would have preferred to have their own marbles in the bag but maybe didn't have any control over that or didn't think of it. That is the MK logo on the bag. By the way, Beri is speaking at the Texas Marble Show coming up I think in April; there's specific info. re. the show on AllAbout Marbles and undoubtedly on this Board as well. David

Interesting. 25 years ago? The marbles look like Vacor de Mexico Flamas and Stripers(That's the right period for them) although I'd think with the MK connection the MK people would have preferred to have their own marbles in the bag but maybe didn't have any control over that or didn't think of it. That is the MK logo on the bag. By the way, Beri is speaking at the Texas Marble Show coming up I think in April; there's specific info. re. the show on AllAbout Marbles and undoubtedly on this Board as well. David

Thanks for the info!!

Where would I be able to get these Vacor de Mexico Flamas and Stripers marbles??

Thanks!

Andy

You could possibly get them at Land of Marbles. Pete might have some in back stock. Unfortunately the ones that I have are in a Factory ID set sent to me in the early 1990s from Guadalahara and I just can't break it up. They were sent to Marilyn Barrett for her book AGGIES, IMMIES SHOOTERS and SWIRLS (The Magical World of Marbles) 1994 and she almost sold them at a Yard Sale before I snatched them up. As in "Yikes!" David

• 4 weeks later...

Hi duffy,

Do you know if Beri is ok?? She hasn't replied to my last few emails and I was concerned if she was alright!!!! I would have phoned her but as I'm in the U.K. the only way I have been speaking with her was by email.

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Andy

yup shes fine...i went to the factory a couple times but couldnt get any info....shes going to the texas show here soon...shes gets around and is purty busy....sorry ...you could p.m. sissydear...she might be able to corner her in texas..