C.e.bogard Bag W/ A Pink Vaned Marble

I am pretty much speechles by the amount of marbles you have. I have like 30 and think that is a big deal, how humbling. Can I ask how long you have been collecting, so I can figure out when I will hit critical mass and have to get a bigger place.

Pen

Please don't feel humbled Pene-Lope. I am pretty darn old and have been collecting marbles and marble bags for well over 30 years. Way back then a marble bag could be had for $8-$10 or even less sometimes. Ya' know, I started out with a handful too. Then I came across a few jars of them. Then a box. Then a collection or two. And then the confounded internet in the early 1990's. Marble collecting, for me, was a way to escape the drudgery and monotony of a less than fulfilling life :D

I say marble collecting is like collecting wild fruits. Only collect what you love and really want and then leave the rest for the other birds! LOL

PS___I hope I am not coming across as a braggard to other board members by posting so many pics. I sure don't want to give that impression. I'm just happy to have gotten back in the "marble groove". Never figured I would miss it as much as I did.

Woo Hoo! More pink!

I for sure am one who has been enjoying these threads. I like seeing all kinds of marbles. Happy to see Gail back in the groove...you go girl!

Pene-lope, don't worry, be happy, millions of marbles were made back in the day and there's still plenty out there just waiting for us.

:-) Felicia

PS___I hope I am not coming across as a braggard to other board members by posting so many pics. I sure don't want to give that impression. I'm just happy to have gotten back in the "marble groove". Never figured I would miss it as much as I did.

Keep 'em coming! Welcome back! Did I say keep 'em coming? Such a treat to see what you have -- amazing, those sealed Nestles boxes. More, please, anytime, any kind!