Question

Bought some really neat marbles today for a dollar (yeah, I gotta a buzz too) there are some that I think are really cool but one has captured my interest. It's green, kinda like the peltier green with black swirls that look lightly painted. I know, I know you need a photo, but I suck. Off the top of your heads without a photo...any ideas? Where should I look to get info maybe? Pretty please?

Thanks in advance.

Me

Thanks for the info, I took some photo's with my cell phone but they are very blurry, I added them to my face book if anyone is curious. I was thinking that the green was like the peltier flaming dragon but after holding both in hand I can see a marked difference. Also what I see as black actually looks like a deep red in the photo's. Just making me more curious. Hopefully I will have a decent camera soon.

Which brings up my next question, any suggestions as to a good camera to purchase? I am seriously going out on the hunt to buy a nice decent camera/ Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I see your photo's posted and I would love to be able to take a decent one:) Thanks again in advance:)

Me

It's green, kinda like the peltier green with black swirls that look lightly painted.

Hi Patty- maybe a Ravenswood pistachio? Marbles for a buck! Cool. Can't beat that with a stick.

Oh yes, I was so excited I did a little jig:) and they even came with a neat container which I think is what I bought for the dollar...the marbles were just a bonus! I've never done that before and it made me very happy!

I don't think it's a pistachio, but I think it could be Alley Agate. I have a similar one where the ribbons are almost-but-not-quite-black (maybe a tinge of greenish-brown?) with transparent purple showing a little along the edges of the ribbons at some points . . . hit yours with a bright light (like a maglight flashlight) and see what that does to it --

Looks very much like those only it has a reddish tint to the black not a purple one. At least to my eye but I do not have a mag light nor a black light. I gotta get me some of those:) I also found a blue and black one almost identical to the one in this thread. Still working on my photo taking skills, and I still suck, sigh....someday.

Me

Looks very much like those only it has a reddish tint to the black not a purple one. At least to my eye but I do not have a mag light nor a black light. I gotta get me some of those:) I also found a blue and black one almost identical to the one in this thread. Still working on my photo taking skills, and I still suck, sigh....someday.

Me

/p.s looks more like the one you have in the middle row, blue one too.