Totally Amazing Flea Market Find! 4 Layer Mica Submarine!

I found this amazing handmade marble at a flea market yesterday. It was in a tin of old marbles together with some china's, benningtons and swirls. I have seen submarines with mica cores before, but not with 4 layers! The marble is large (1-5/8" in size) and has a black solid core in the centre. Floating above that core are 2 onionskin ribbons (one pink on yellow and one pink on white), above these ribbons is a floating layer of blizzard mica, and the 4th layer is 2 floating onionskin panels (pink on white and bluish green on white). It has no chips but a lot of tiny sratches on the surface so I put some baby-lotion on it so it shines really nice for the pics. Has anyone of you ever seen such a marble before?

l_25c4effd27494a1887015f0c62102c8b.jpg

l_7966ce9ebe26405dabdfeb61a8814135.jpg

l_5fe9234738df4c25bdde6b387b40cca6.jpg

JVV,

WoW!

When I first saw your post & pictures earlier this AM I was floored! Now, it looks even better.

I would say the marble is very rare indeed, a special one of a kind marble.

All that hard work you spend looking for marbles pays off again.

I am sure it has a spot in your collection.

I recently got an e-mail link from a fellow handmade collector that shows some of your marble display.

I have to say WoW! once again.

You definitely have a beautiful collection of marbles.

Thanks for sharing,

Lloyd

JVV,

WoW!

When I first saw your post & pictures earlier this AM I was floored! Now, it looks even better.

I would say the marble is very rare indeed, a special one of a kind marble.

All that hard work you spend looking for marbles pays off again.

I am sure it has a spot in your collection.

I recently got an e-mail link from a fellow handmade collector that shows some of your marble display.

I have to say WoW! once again.

You definitely have a beautiful collection of marbles.

Thanks for sharing,

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd. It's one of the highlights of my collection, and it will get a special place in my display case! Do you remember which collector send you some pics of my display? It's great to hear that people spread my pics, so more people can enjoy my collection!

Dammit, I'm moving to Holland. That's just unbelievable. Hey, my daughter lives in Brussels. Are there any good flea markets in Belgium??

The best European flea markets are in Belgium! The one in Brugues during the 'Zandfeesten' in the summer is amazing. It's miles and miles long and starts at 4 A.M.!