Any Good Stories Surrounding Marbles?

Chordus

I tried a search for a similar topic and nothing came up, so hopefully I'm not repeating history here.

Do any of you have any interesting stories surrounding any marbles you have? Surely, with this many people collecting this many marbles, there have got to be some good stories out there.

I tried a search for a similar topic and nothing came up, so hopefully I'm not repeating history here.

Do any of you have any interesting stories surrounding any marbles you have? Surely, with this many people collecting this many marbles, there have got to be some good stories out there.

Since nobody would come up with one I am passing on a strange thing that happened to me. I won a solitaire set from England some time ago on Ebay. Had 33 bullet mold handmade clearies like in CODD bottles. About three weeks later shows up, wrapped only in wrapping paper with a tear and three marbles are missing. These things were shipped by boats so I figured the marbles were on boat or somewhere in between forever lost. However the next day the postman shows up and has the three marbles in hand, had found in his truck. Fortunately he had chatted with wife about what was in small packages and was told marbles and had since that time been teasing her about rattling marbles. Since he knew we got marbles in packages he figured they were ours. Nice set in pictures attached!

Don

solitaire2b.jpg

solitaire2a.jpg

solitaire2c.jpg