Marbles: Identification And Price Guide 5Th Edition

I received the advance copy of the new edition of the Price Guide. The cargo ship should be hitting Schiffer in about 3 weeks.

I didn't realize that it had been 10 years since I wrote the 4th edition.

For the new edition, I replaced about 500 new images, This is about 90% of the images in the book. The text also underwent a significant rewrite. Hopefully, you'll all find something useful in it.

Once it is available, I'll place a listing for autographed copies in my Ebay store.

Cover Price Guide 5

BOB I SURE HOPE YOU PUT SOME NICE CHRISSY'S IN THIS BOOK INSTEAD OF THE SAME OLD PIC'S OF ESTEPS AND TOWS MARBLES THERE ARE A LOT OF US CHRISTENSEN COLLECTORS THAT HAVE CAC MIBS THE THOSE TWO HAVE NEVER EVEN SEEN.....

BOB IT WOULD BE SO REFRESHING TO SEE NEW PHOTOS OF SOME NEVER SEEN BEFORE CHRISSY'S YA KNOW? THIS IS ONE COLLECTOR THAT WOULD LOVE IT.

BOB, JUST ORDERED ON AMAZON TOO. YIPPEE KI IE AYE YOU MARBLE COWBOY!!!

CAC-MIKE

• 4 weeks later...

The 5th Edition has now arrived and is shipping. You can buy it autographed from me on Ebay at listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Book-Marbles-Identification-and-Price-Guide-5th-Edition-Robert-Block-signed-/120892299452?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item1c25be18bc

There is an image error in the book. The publisher changed Image #150, Steelie, with a stoneware marble after I had approved the Final Draft. I didn't see the change until after I got my copy of the printed book (and by that time the ship was on its way from China). You would think that Final Draft means that's it, no changes, we're done. But apparently that's not the case. Final Draft apparently means final draft in lower case and "You don't get to see it again and we can do whatever we want". Schiffer cannot explain why they made the change, other than "We goofed". I find that explanation completely unacceptable, but the book's already printed. I will be including an Erratum sheet with the correct image in each copy that I sell.

If you want to order it direct from me and bypass Ebay that's fine with me. I have no great love for Ebay, it's just the easiest way to get it out there. I make nothing off the Price Guides I sell on Ebay. The $14.60 plus $4.39 shipping only recovers my costs. The book costs me about $12.75 from Schiffer (with shipping) when I order it by the case. I have it on Ebay for $14.60 and they take $1.90 on the sale of the book and $0.57 on the shipping of $4.39. Postage is just a hair under $3.00 (on average) and the padded envelope costs me about $0.75. So, I probably make a nickel on each book. Which I end up spending on the the printing of the Erratum that Schiffer refused to print.

Anyone who thinks you can make money writing these books is crazy. The royaly on a Price Guide is 50cents, so you do the math.

Anyways, if you want to order them direct from me, just Paypal $16.60 to my account at [email protected] and I'll get it out to you exactly as if you had bought it on Ebay. Erratum included.