Portable Marble Ring?

At book signing for my new book,Collecting Marbles: A Beginner's Guide, everyone wants to know where and how to play Ringer and other marble games. So, how do you make a portable ring? I plan to build several and loan them out to community centers, schools etc. I have heard of a "Tap Box". Is that what most people use to demonstrate shooting marbles? I'm looking for some construction details on how to build one of these rings. Thanks! Rich Maxwell

I took this picture of one of my "tap boxes"for Rich Maxwell while talking to him on the phone .

A "tap box" is used by serious marble players as a practice tool. You can shoot lots of shots, the marbles come back and you don't have to get down on your knees.

They can be made easily from scrap as this one is and sit on any old table.

They are about 3' long and 2' wide. The back boards on mine are 8." If I make #3 the back board will be 12" high and the side boards the same. I just used scrap lumber I found in the garage. I would use 1/2" plywood to make the base.

I am headed to the lumber yard to buy the materials to make a large square table. The leg hinges seem hardest to find, but they are on eBay. Use the carpet like that used at a golf driving range so the marbles roll "true." BUT, remmeber the carpet is much slower than a real "ringer" ring which are usually concrete.

I think very few marble collectors demonstrate shooting marbles.

(If someone can post the picture, I will send it to you.)