Silver Surfer Question

ann

There is another pelt that kinda falls into this similiar style and its the pelt "Black Universe" and it has the same characteristics as the "Surfer but contains along with black av the blue av. In the photo, the second row bottom left is the "Surfer" and the far right end is the "Universe". Sorry the photo isnt real good. I can go farther into detail on these if you all like.

Yes, I sure would like it, Chuck! More detail, more pics!

Hi Ann, this photo may not be quite up to what you wanted but here you go. The pelt "Black Universe" is sumwhat similiar in make up as the "Silver Surfer". There is a difference though. The base glass is that lightly tinted greenish to a clear base with the swirling of white and black av but the "Universe" has in addition swirling of blue av in it also. Similiar in make up but different when the added blue av comes into play. Some may want to put this in the same family type which is cool but still a different marble when comparing them. The top row, second marble from the right is the "Surfer" and the third row last marble to the right is the "Universe". These two are very hard to photo to show the true way they look. Very very nice marbles and on the htf side of pelts. Over all the years of collecting, i have seen a few here and there and most get gobbled up and kept, so they are out there. Chuck G--

post-2867-0-40704900-1381260312_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

Found a Pelt Blue Surfer with AV on the bay.did anyone else see this? Has light green base with blue and white ribbons (miller style) and the blue is edged in AV throughout the marble

bluesurfer.jpg

Here is the auction link CLICK HERE I totally missed the Blue Surfer as I am currently on an Akro kick and was initially bidding for the green, red and yellow/orange corkscrew second marble fourth row. Discovered that the last marble second row is the Blue Surfer yesterday when looking at the rest of the purchase

Chuck, thats a really nice VHTF pelt to come by. Here in the midwest i found out the name of this rarer one at the Ammana show when they were still going on and one of the dealers up there called it the peltier "Blue Lagoon". The "Blue Surfer is just as cool though. I think and feel that most peltier collectors like the marble names we all post. This marble also comes in a clear transparent base also. Chuck G--