Interesting cats eyes

Shellkat

I suspect it is a crack of some sort.  Maybe an annealing fracture.  (Connected with the cooling process of the marble.)

If I saw the last photo first, I might have thought American made ... because of the slight wave in them.

However, my first impression based on color and the first pictures was Japanese, or at least some other early Asian marble.  And I'm sticking with that.  The slight grayness of the base suggests early Asian.    And the turquoise and general smoothness of the vanes are right for that. 

2 minutes ago, Steph said:

I suspect it is a crack of some sort.  Maybe an annealing fracture.  (Connected with the cooling process of the marble.)

That's what I suspected as well. A cold press? Is that the term I read somewhere? The color in it that I only noticed after magnifying it threw me for a loop. I've noticed the Japanese ones seem to have several cracks. Some you can feel, some you can't.

40 minutes ago, Shellkat said:

A cold press? Is that the term I read somewhere?

You may be thinking of a cold roll.  But that's a feel-able dip or rise in the surface glass.  Annealing fractures are generally just internal.  Lots of times they can have an odd mirror-on-edge appearance -- and are pretty fine.