New photos that still aren’t that good

Gina Macias

"Welcome to Marble Connection Gina" :wave2:

Don't worry, with practice & a little time your pix will improve just like min e are. A few pointers to make it easier on you & the person making the I..D. Try to only post 2 or 3 marbles at a time with views of the top & bottom and then rotate it and get one of all four sides, I know it seems long & drug out but it will make for an easier more accurate I.D. for you and everyone involved, A size is also very helpful, fractions if you can decimals if you can't, a cheap set of plastic calipers can be had for well under $5.00. Most of the marbles in the second pic appear to be "Akro corkscrews" but from only one view no way to be absolutely positive. A pic of the calipers & again "Welcome & Have fun"

These are from harbor freight & have inches, fractions, millimeters & centimeters

image.thumb.png.592149c57c77ae6bb8b44fb80701125e.png

Christensen's are some of the more valuable & collectible vintage (very nearly antique) marbles out there, they were in business from (1925 - 1933) Akro, which appears to be the majority in the second pic is also a very collectible manufacture. They don't have to be 150 years old to be valuable. In fact some of the older ones are worth next to nothing. In "my" opinion this one doesn't resemble a Christensen.  Christensen's near or at one inch are rare, I can't see any Christensen traits on the one in this pic. It's larger than the other marbles but no way to be sure of the size. Size can be a very important indicator in the determination of the manufacturer & make for a much quicker & accurate I.D.

image.png.47e1b9da01d504d132d0a366e7e34184.png

Thank you for the assessment, I only collect them in memory of my beloved brother who was an avid collector as a boy in the fifties before I was born, he died as a result of injuries sustained in Vietnam, so it’s for him I continue the tradition. However, I am awaiting a bilateral lung transplant so paying too much is my only concern. I love them, they are like little pieces of art, the following photos, albeit still not great are of alleged Christensens I have purchased. Thank you for your help, sir, it is most appreciated.

5A48C34B-03D3-4E1E-B608-A9919B303DBC.jpeg

10056EFA-436A-49FC-A937-3F34263ADCEA.jpeg

CB69F371-557A-4294-B884-3DA70D00DB39.jpeg

6A42982A-6A74-4EA3-926A-76F4D7257D7F.jpeg

Ah, no sir here, just another person who likes marbles as you do, Chad is fine. Give some others a chance to weigh in on some of these. "Thank you" for only posting one in a pic. That & the measurements will both help significantly. So sorry for your loss, I to lost my little Brother nearly 6 years ago now. This hobby keeps me going, some fantastic people here, I have made many Great marble friends from all over the world as I'm sure you will also Gina. Again "thanks" for taking the time to single em out. :)

I am sorry for your loss as well. I’m southern and I was taught to say sir and mam, always. I appreciate your help so much. Next time I will post with sizes in photo, I have calipers. Thank you Chad. I am so happy to be a part of this group.

Here is a good picture of a "Christensen Layered sand marble" VVHTF ( Very, Very Hard to Find) A good view of the seam  and the attributes that gave it it's name, a very rare marble, especially in mint condition, usually a smaller size say around 9/16ths, this one is 1732nds, but as in anything there are exceptions to any rule. You will need to post several different views for an accurate I.D. Any visible seams are crucial on a marble like this "Thank You" for your condolences, believe me if we didn't say Sir & Ma'am my father was close by to make sure we did, a good thing respect for your elders as now I'm at the other end of the stick. Here's a few pics of a "Christensen" layered sand for you !!  The two  seams from each side & one of the top & bottom

image.png.2d9a5c51434f8c99e151d88dbbafcd89.png

image.png.263e184d0c92ba8f5887d705bac92871.png

The "S" or backwards "S" is a very common trait & Identifier on Christensen marbles of this type, many people are trying to "Reproduce" this one so get a sound I.D. before any purchase. This marble will run into the several hundreds of dollars

image.png.7261c4fd9b10ad4428d15a03b09f3900.png

image.png.8ac2cc31c0a922dd2a3aaf6261efa610.png

I didn’t think so.
Are all iridescent marbles throw always? Also, clear marbles that look like they have air bubbles under a flashlight, is that mica? I’ve really been duped. A few small good ones and I’d get a good deal on one of these Rarities. I spent almost a thousand dollars and do you know how foolish I feel for not researching? As soon as I saw your sand I knew.

I don't toss anything anymore, I used to but they're just getting to hard to get ahold of. A few pix, one of a handmade with mica & another a Peltier NLR with Aventurine. No !! not all Iridescence marbles are throw away, iridescence is a good indicator of 'Vacor" or (Mega) a newer marble all are made in Mexico but some do have value !! If you have a loupe you'll be able to tell air bubbles from mica. Don't feel bad Gina I have been duped before also.  You're in the right place now, people here will help ya out, no one is here to judge anyone else, just share what we know.

An antique German Handmade with mica flakes

image.png.c26113049b1155bf8b26ef8c2d7652ed.png

A Peltier NLR Tiger with Aventurine, this pic is in the sunlight

image.png.3eafc35fd65c514ce5b1a1d1537f5937.png

Same marble under normal indoor lighting using a daylight bulb

image.png.ac94b07bd05aa95c5270653d72136ada.png