Better late than never?

Jzoook6

Hello There!! I realized today I never did an introductory post! My apologies that this is a few months late. I am new to the world of marbles, but have been a collector/treasure hunter for 30+ years. I love finding old stuff and then learning about it. Here are some other things about me in no particular order:

• I have worked at two of the larger online auction houses-giving me some great exposure to a wide range of treasures. I vaguely recall a few riker cases of marbles sitting on my desk that I now desperately wish I had paid more attention to! 
  • I have about 15,000 pokemon cards, which I have been collecting since 1998. 
  • I love trains and train photography---as much as I love marbles, I find it way easier to take 100 pictures of a moving freight train than 10 pictures of a marble haha. I recently started teaching myself how to use a DSLR and always am looking to improve my photo skills.  
  • While I am pretty terrible at IDing marbles so far, I am fairly decent at IDing American glassware (depression glass, EAPG, kitchen stuff etc) if there are any newer glass collectors out there looking for a hand. 
Anyways, if you are still reading, thank you! I appreciate you and this group for being the keystone of my marble education! I totally recognize that the info shared here is beyond priceless--endless thanks to you all for your wisdom and patience!

Cheers, Happy New Year and TGIF! 
JZ

P.S. While I am in this group to learn and not to sell stuff, I am willing to part with almost any treasures I have posted for a fair offer-- I am getting uncomfortably close to reaching hoarder status. Just throwing it out there--though I suspect many of you are in similar situations! ❤️ 
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jzoook6 said:

Hello There!! I realized today I never did an introductory post! My apologies that this is a few months late. I am new to the world of marbles, but have been a collector/treasure hunter for 30+ years. I love finding old stuff and then learning about it. Here are some other things about me in no particular order:

• I have worked at two of the larger online auction houses-giving me some great exposure to a wide range of treasures. I vaguely recall a few riker cases of marbles sitting on my desk that I now desperately wish I had paid more attention to! 
  • I have about 15,000 pokemon cards, which I have been collecting since 1998. 
  • I love trains and train photography---as much as I love marbles, I find it way easier to take 100 pictures of a moving freight train than 10 pictures of a marble haha. I recently started teaching myself how to use a DSLR and always am looking to improve my photo skills.  
  • While I am pretty terrible at IDing marbles so far, I am fairly decent at IDing American glassware (depression glass, EAPG, kitchen stuff etc) if there are any newer glass collectors out there looking for a hand. 
Anyways, if you are still reading, thank you! I appreciate you and this group for being the keystone of my marble education! I totally recognize that the info shared here is beyond priceless--endless thanks to you all for your wisdom and patience!

Cheers, Happy New Year and TGIF! 
JZ

P.S. While I am in this group to learn and not to sell stuff, I am willing to part with almost any treasures I have posted for a fair offer-- I am getting uncomfortably close to reaching hoarder status. Just throwing it out there--though I suspect many of you are in similar situations! ❤️ 

Great introduction....and lol at "hoarder status."  I'm reaching that point too!  

I love glassware too.  I collect uranium glass.  :)

Just now, Melissa said:

Great introduction....and lol at "hoarder status."  I'm reaching that point too!  

I love glassware too.  I collect uranium glass.  :)

Heck yea so do I! 🎉 Would love to see pics of your faves! Is there a non-marble glass collectors thread anywhere?

Just now, Jzoook6 said:

Heck yea so do I! 🎉 Would love to see pics of your faves! Is there a non-marble glass collectors thread anywhere?

I don't know but that would be a good thread to start if there isn't one.  I think many who are into marbles are also into glass in general.  Maybe look/start one in the lounge area?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steph said:

Here is one of our nonmarble glass threads.  :) 

https://marbleconnection.com/topic/26983-slag-glass-scores/

Thank you, Steph!!! If only I could track down some slag! Gotten super hard to find around here in the past year I'd say. Makes me super sorry for not picking more up over the years.