Onionskin or St Joseph’s?

Melissa

I drove a half hour each way to look at over 50 pint and mostly quart jars of marbles. Saw a few MK St.Marys Cat Eyes today. The usual small and large solid ball bearings. Did not bring anything home. He bought these a while back and paid  $300.00 for all. But that was at least $275.00 or $285.00 to much.  He knows nothing about marbles. They are old they are valuable. But there were Jabos in several jars.  Wrong he took a $300.00 chance and lost most all of it.  

Last week we drove two each way to Cambridge Ohio to look at 2 or 3 gallons of old marbles. Same results did not bring any marble back home with us. Jabos must be old because there were several Jabos in with these Asian Cat Eyes, maybe six All Reds, a couple Heatons, and the usual clearies and game marbles. No CAC from Cambridge Ohio this trip.  No marbles brought home 98% of all trips throughout the year within 100 miles of here. 

• Like 1

These St.Marys Cats today were all the most common color combo, blue and yellow.  Hard to find MK cross through Cats are Red/white- green/white and the signature blue/orange or red. Plus the old four color ones. But I see more four color ones than the red/white- green/white or signatures. I have had a few 7/8 and one inch St.Marys old four color Cat eyes. I sold a 13/16 inch old MK St.Marys four color cat about one year ago at the Decatur Il show. I knew that collector was looking for one the past three years or more. So he has one now. 

• Care 1

33 minutes ago, wvrons said:

These St.Marys Cats today were all the most common color combo, blue and yellow.  Hard to find MK cross through Cats are Red/white- green/white and the signature blue/orange or red. Plus the old four color ones. But I see more four color ones than the red/white- green/white or signatures. I have had a few 7/8 and one inch St.Marys old four color Cat eyes. I sold a 13/16 inch old MK St.Marys four color cat about one year ago at the Decatur Il show. I knew that collector was looking for one the past three years or more. So he has one now. 

All I have are a few of the blue/yellow and I think just one of the red/white. I have the newer four color cats but im hoping someday to be lucky enough to get my hands on an old four color.  Definitely at the top of my wishlist.