Marble Show

I assume you only can go on Saturday, presuming that the show is over the weekend as well. If so, show up whenever it is supposed to start as most start to pack up everything hours before it’s supposed to end. Bring plenty of money as you’ll never have enough compared to what you want to buy. Prepare to learn loads of information and take plenty of photos for reference. Also, take photos of all of older folks as most in my experience have been in the hobby for many decades and you never know when one may pass. Their knowledge is incalculable. 

I attend marble shows in Ohio and WV so I would presume the people selling will be totally different people than who I see. But obviously, they’ll all be very knowledgeable if they are selling. Talk to as many people as possible and also bring some marbles you can’t place and kindly ask for IDs. 

I can never make it to the hotel rooms pre weekends as I have a job and can’t take off time from work. But from what I can ascertain the best deals are in the rooms pre show. 

Even if you can’t make it to the rooms, the show prices; at least what I’m used to way way better than the insanely inflated prices people want on eBay. 

If you can go early, get a room and set up if you want to sell or trade your "stuff".  If you can't do a room and you are close to Portland, drive in and do the room hopping in the time you have - afternoon, evening, etc.  While we do go out to eat, it's usually pretty short and plenty of time to visit, buy, sell, trade, learn, etc.  The collectors are usually on one or two floors in the hotel and they will have their doors propped open so you can go in and visit, etc. If you do want to sell at the show, reserve a table and they'll let you know when to show up to set up.  If you don't sell, come to the show when it opens and have fun.  People start arriving on Wednesday.  Look forward to meeting you.