Learning what Vitro is which......

jennyafrank

I believed all 4 were Vitro, but then I started wondering.....am I wrong? After all these marbles, am I'm finally starting to catch on?

THE RED & YELLOWS: Red patch + yellow patch = late All-Red. If there is a yellow patch does this make it a "yellow jacket?" Is it possible that only the smaller of the two is Vitro, and the other one (the one with larger patches, and less white) is Marble King? 

MULTICOLORED: Is the one with the larger blue area a Vitro Helmet? Does it matter there is a small secondary patch of red on the side. There is definitely a separation, like a little ridge at the seam between the "helmet" and the "face" on the one marble which gives it a very "helmet-y" look. Because of the similar pattern I thought these were both Vitro, but when I look closer at the other marble (yellow/green/blue), the glass and seams don't look as similar as I first thought. The seams look more like two "U" facing each other. Is this another Marble King set on confusing me, and infiltrating my Vitro collection?

Thank you for your help!

original_278fd26f-0c10-4a17-9e23-7b163f291c19_PXL_20230613_220056153.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230613_215900260.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230613_215904987.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230613_220002050.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230613_215349695.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230613_215403781.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230613_215422910.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230613_215547039.PORTRAIT.jpg

7 minutes ago, jennyafrank said:

If there is a yellow patch does this make it a "yellow jacket?" Is it possible that only the smaller of the two is Vitro, and the other one (the one with larger patches, and less white) is Marble King? 

MULTICOLORED: Is the one with the larger blue area a Vitro Helmet? Does it matter there is a small secondary patch of red on the side. There is definitely a separation, like a little ridge at the seam between the "helmet" and the "face" on the one marble which gives it a very "helmet-y" look. Because of the similar pattern I thought these were both Vitro, but when I look closer at the other marble (yellow/green/blue), the glass and seams don't look as similar as I first thought. The seams look more like two "U" facing each other. Is this another Marble King set on confusing me, and infiltrating my Vitro collection?

Thank you for your help!

I think the very first is a Vitro and the others are Marble Kings. The last two are MK tricolor patch and ribbons. And yes, that first one might have been found in "Yellow Jacket" packaging but is indistinguishable from a later All Red so most people would not sort it with Yellow Jackets, which typically have three colors on a white base.