Uranium Marbles?

AvvaRae

Okay guys and gals I'm gonna geek out for a second 😂 but I got a black light today to check my marbles to see if I had any uranium ones (because truth be told since I found out about it I'm obsessed!!!) 

🤓It just adds such a fun layer to collecting hunting and discovering. 

Anywho below are some of my marbles that "glowed"🧐🤨🤔

Questions - are the bright yellow glowing ones in fact uraniums?

What made red glow hairs in marbles? 

Or marbles turn red/glow under a black light ? Is that uranium as well? 

Thanks for peaking and helping 🥰 (I did before and after of each of that helps) IMG_20230725_222135.thumb.jpg.088e05eec03e5c1bd3cd90fb6f2efdc1.jpg

IMG_20230725_222310.jpg

IMG_20230725_222329.jpg

IMG_20230725_222335.jpg

IMG_20230725_222600_1CS.jpg

IMG_20230725_222629.jpg

IMG_20230725_222728.jpg

IMG_20230725_222819.jpg

IMG_20230725_222900.jpg

IMG_20230725_222904.jpg

IMG_20230725_224629.jpg

IMG_20230725_223340.jpg

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Some of those are reflecting UV light - not reactive to it.

Does reflecting UV light mean once the light goes out they still glow just asking not sure sure what this means I've heard the term reactive too first time  for reflecting, thank you in advance Alan.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Joe2 said:

Does reflecting UV light mean once the light goes out they still glow just asking not sure sure what this means I've heard the term reactive too first time  for reflecting, thank you in advance Alan.

UV light is purple. The marble is just reflecting that purple light back to you and hence the purple color. There is no reaction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Linda Gail said:

The red is either magnesium or cadmium.  Not sure which. 

Ooooo yes I read about the magnesium I should look into this and that would make total sense!!!! Thank you for your insight!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Linda Gail said:

I do want to add watch Stephen Bahr we have learned a lot from him. 

Good idea!!!! 

I have been watching a few of his videos for marble Identification... I should look and see if he has any on uranium ones, great reminder thank you 🥰

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Melissa said:

Reactive or reflective, I like any glass that shows any kind of reaction to a black light. It’s just cool. That’s what got me started on marbles. Enjoy. :)

What a fun way to get into it :) Yes squee!!! It's just add such a fun layer to collecting hehe. 🤗

52 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

I definitely see some florescent green in the first picture 

Yes they are definitely fluorescent green... The other ones that are brighter are too it's so hard to hold a flashlight and camera all in one 😂😂😂 and get an angel that captured it and didn't blind the camera out 🙃🙃🙃 it was tricky lol .. but the first I think are easier to see because they have no design within/out and are solid coloring ... 

Either or way uranium no uranium it was such a fun discovery!!! 😎 And gives me an excuse to grab a black light bulb for extra fun display reasons 😂

5 hours ago, Linda Gail said:

Just to show you. They way cooler in the dark. Oh and get you a hand held black light. They look like a little flashlight. CharlieT and I got ours at harbor freight 

IMG_20230726_095424.jpg

Good idea!!! Yes the dark is wayyyyy cooler hehe 

• Like 1