Left one inch cateye? Right one Akro or Christensen? THX.

mccracken

The left one throws me off a bit—at that size and with the green tint—Vacor—I do not know what model or name. It just strikes me as a Vacor.
The right hand one is in a different class. Nice bright white glass is involved with this one—perhaps batch glass—or made from a recipe vs cullet glass.
CAC? Perhaps—Akro—maybe?
The slag is not a Vacor imho.
Nice marble!!
More opinions are needed here and they are always welcomed.
Marble—On!!

4 hours ago, akroorka said:

The left one throws me off a bit—at that size and with the green tint—Vacor—I do not know what model or name. It just strikes me as a Vacor.
The right hand one is in a different class. Nice bright white glass is involved with this one—perhaps batch glass—or made from a recipe vs cullet glass.
CAC? Perhaps—Akro—maybe?
The slag is not a Vacor imho.
Nice marble!!
More opinions are needed here and they are always welcomed.
Marble—On!!

Actually it is all amber or a root  beer sort of color, if that makes a difference. It"s right next to a greenish mouse pad.

2 hours ago, Linda Gail said:

The one on the right sure looks like a CAC to me. I see the 9 and tail. But I could be wrong. Let's see what everyone else says. 

The left has no distinguishable pattern. The right has a hand-gathered pattern which means it could have been made by any company before circa 1928 or, whenever fully automated systems became commonplace in the glass industry. The one exception is  M.F. Christensen and Son (MFC).  Oddly enough, MFC made oxblood, but not transparent or opaque red so, you can rule MFC out.. 

Because the nine pattern is the result of gathering glass on a punty  by hand (Hand-gathered) and since the technique was used in the Greek and Roman periods, it is not unique to any single marble or glass company.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jeff54 said:

The left has no distinguishable pattern. The right has a hand-gathered pattern which means it could have been made by any company before circa 1928 or, whenever fully automated systems became commonplace in the glass industry. The one exception is  M.F. Christensen and Son (MFC).  Oddly enough, MFC made oxblood, but not transparent or opaque red so, you can rule MFC out.. 

Because the nine pattern is the result of gathering glass on a punty  by hand (Hand-gathered) and since the technique was used in the Greek and Roman periods, it is not unique to any single marble or glass company.

Thank you for your info. I'm still learning. There is still a lot I don't know just yet. But I do know some.