.58" transparent swirl with good UV. ?

CharlieT

3 hours ago, CharlieT said:

After studying Jacksons more, I think we have some others also. I'll share them and see what you guys think. God bless everyone 🙏✝️🙏

Don't get your hopes for a definitive ID of transparent WV Swirls up too high, Charlie. They are the simplest of marbles - the slags of the WV swirl producers, basically, and they are notoriously difficult to ID with high confidence. Sure, there are some like the one you posted above that are much more likely to be from one company than another, but Jackson and every other WV Swirl producer made boxcars full of transparent swirls and many of them simply cannot be reliably attributed to a particular company.

This is why, unless they are a particular type that can be reliably attributed to a particular company, or there is something else special about them, they are not highly sought after by collectors. This is not to say that they aren't attractive - I have loads of them that I enjoy looking at but I rarely spend much time trying to figure out who made them because, in the end, they are what they are and who produced them has little or no effect on their collectible or monetary value.

I should add, of course, this might just be me. lol

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Don't get your hopes for a definitive ID of transparent WV Swirls up too high, Charlie. They are the simplest of marbles - the slags of the WV swirl producers, basically, and they are notoriously difficult to ID with high confidence. Sure, there are some like the one you posted above that are much more likely to be from one company than another, but Jackson and every other WV Swirl producer made boxcars full of transparent swirls and many of them simply cannot be reliably attributed to a particular company.

This is why, unless they are a particular type that can be reliably attributed to a particular company, or there is something else special about them, they are not highly sought after by collectors. This is not to say that they aren't attractive - I have loads of them that I enjoy looking at but I rarely spend much time trying to figure out who made them because, in the end, they are what they are and who produced them has little or no effect on their collectible or monetary value.

I should add, of course, this might just be me. lol

I hear you Ric. Yeah I don't worry much about makers. Shoot I'd go crazy if I did. We have a whole bunch of mibs that I'm clueless about. All I know for certain about some of them is that there old.... and I lovem. Besides that.....no clue. But heck I don't care. Still a lot of fun. Here's a small handful of those very mibs I speak of.

20230914_201228.jpg

• Like 1

Those are some nice ones Charlie but then I'm partial to brown too. Opaque WV swirls are often easier to associate with a particular company, and I enjoy figuring out how to tell them apart and sorting them as best I can. I just suppose that after 25 years or so of collecting them, I've come to accept the limits of my abilities in that regard. Nevertheless, I enjoy a looking at a good vintage marble, regardless of who made it. 🙂

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ric said:

Those are some nice ones Charlie but then I'm partial to brown too. Opaque WV swirls are often easier to associate with a particular company, and I enjoy figuring out how to tell them apart and sorting them as best I can. I just suppose that after 25 years or so of collecting them, I've come to accept the limits of my abilities in that regard. Nevertheless, I enjoy a looking at a good vintage marble, regardless of who made it. 🙂

Amen brother... Amen... GOD Bless! 

• Like 1