Rookie making rookie mistakes.

Djp5690

The fist one was listed as a Christensen. It’s beautiful, so I’m all good even if I was duped, I suppose. The second group of marbles are a mixture: some my wife got me, as part of a beginners set (read: many Chinese knockoffs.) and others I purchased singly or in lots because I liked them abd they looked more “real”. My issue is one of clumsiness. I spilled them, then had to separate them. Any ideas what, exactly I have?  I’m not complaining, but it can be tough when sellers throw in extra freebies!

IMG_1142.jpeg

IMG_1144.jpeg

IMG_1145.jpeg

IMG_1148.jpeg

IMG_1147.jpeg

IMG_1149.jpeg

IMG_1219.jpeg

IMG_1220.jpeg

IMG_1221.jpeg

• Like 1

Djp, I know how you feel about misidentification. I’ll show my son a really cool marble that I thought I positively ID’d and he says “nope”. Close but no cigar. Some marbles are really close in appearance. I’m learning though. Learning particular colors and manufacturing process, like knowing what a hand gathered marble looks like or the different types of pontils. The list goes on. I’ve picked up several books about marble company history and processes , searched the marble web sites for particular Marble characteristics and I’m finding it’s a steep task. 
 B-rett

9 hours ago, Djp5690 said:

My issue is one of clumsiness.

Join the club Djp5690.

I have dropped more marbles than I care to admit. I put a nice big Pelt cubscout through the washing machine, check those pockets-lol (It was clean and it missed going into the dryer). I have a carpet in my marble room and a rubber cow mat in the basement where I take images but marbles are attracted to concrete in a funny way.

I agree that you have a very nice slag there. There are many so called experts but few that can actually ID a CAC slag like this. I recenty got one in a trade that is the same color that I swore was an Akro--turns out it came from a Pelt dig. I would be proud to own yours as an Akro--nothing wrong with that.

The mixed up marbles--well live and learn and accept it as a learning experience. I am confidant that you will figure these out.

Marble--On!!

• Haha 1