Winnie assistence needed =}

jeeperman

A few years back I showed you {Winnie} a swirl that I was trying to ID, I wanted to check your thoughts once again. At the time you did not believe you recognized it as European origin'  maybe Velliglass, Ron at the time thought it Either Euro of if not then  it had some Alley traits. I checked with him once more and he said if you did not recognize it he would have to go with Alley. So I ask you, have you any different feelings on this guy now days? Thank you for having a look. 5/8

velliglasskiller1 (2).jpg

So, Winnie....you have seen others with these same characteristics? I have seen most if not all of your Velliglass posts and can't say I have seen anything that I could solidly link them up. Could you post  a couple for me that might show me the traits that confirm it for you. And how common is this if in fact it is Velliglass? Color combo and pattern wise. Thank you, just trying to put it in the right box. =} have a big soft spot for this swirl. =}

Thanks for the offer Ann, however I have a soft spot for this swirl. But thanks for looking out for me. =}

Well I just went and looked threw the past Velliglass threads and I believe at one time we must have both conceded that it was Velliglass. I guess I will call this a double check as I still have things about it that bother me. I have seen ribbons on no others with the ribbons like this has, thick heavy, color on both sides of the white and Opaque ribbons on transparent base. The pattern certainly could be right for Velliglass, but I would say there are Alley patterns close as well. Either way I love it as it will fit great into one of my boxes. =}

Ya know I think I can help answer my own question. I got this marble from a shop. It came mixed with a few Alley but there was one marble that I thought had to go with this one directly. Same base, same colors but the pattern coverage is fuller and there was no flamey type pattern. Sure looks like they should be brothers and maybe that will help sort them. Ever seen this pattern in the Velliglass Winnie?

velliglasskiller1 (3).JPG

I think both are Veiligglas.

The first one is not common at all,that kind of pattern in a transparant base is special,I have a few with a transparant base but not with such a nice pattern as yours,I see this kind of pattern on an opaque base.

Green and salmon are common colors for Veiligglas,like this one.

salmon (Small).jpg

13 hours ago, jeeperman said:

. . . I have seen ribbons on no others with the ribbons like this has, thick heavy, color on both sides of the white and Opaque ribbons on transparent base. The pattern certainly could be right for Velliglass,

Closest ribbons I could find.  Sorry it's not a better pic -- marble didn't come home with me.

wire pull green 1.jpg