Mostly Pix - Pressman

Steph

Mostly auction pix. Sources given when known.

Click pix to enlarge

Big Shot Agate Marbles box:

th_834d_BigShotAgateMarbles.jpg

Bull's Eye Marbles bag, from a Poplarhead auction, in which Don identified the marbles as Alleys:

th_bullseye_poplarhead.jpg

From Don's auction listing:

HERE IS A VINTAGE LATE 1930S PRESSMAN BULLSEYE MESH BAG OF ALLEY AGATE SWIRL MARBLES. EXCELLENT CONDITION! LABEL SLIGHTLY BENT OTHERWISE NICE BAG. I BOUGHT THESE A FEW YEARS BACK FROM GENTLEMAN WHO FOUND AN ORIGINAL CASE OF THEM AND ONLY HAVE A COUPLE LEFT TO SELL.

Bull's Eye Marbles box, containing 7/16" to 1/2" marbles:

th_BullsEyePressmanBox.jpg

Mesh bags. Bull's Eye and Big Shot from Marblealan auctions:

th_Bullseye_Marblealan.jpg

th_BigShot_Marblealan.jpg

Note: There are other pix in the links here, Compilation: Original Packaging.

And another bull's eye bag here. Bullseye Mesh Bag W/ Coral Marbles & Mk Mesh Bags

All Alley marbles. I had about a case of the bullseye and big shot mesh bags. Don got most of them. The red/white/blue boxes come as, Big Shot-Bulls Eye- Big Nickle-Big Dime. I like the Big Shot box at the top. This is the first one i have seen,would like to find one. The other marble company which used Big Shot as a common name on their bag labels and boxes was Heaton agate. Pressman distributed Alley marbles,labeled as Big Shot. Many Heaton bags and boxes also have the name Big Shot. These were the two companies that used the Big Shot name the most,but others also used the same name Big Shot.

All Alley marbles.

Thanks!

I had about a case of the bullseye and big shot mesh bags. Don got most of them. The red/white/blue boxes come as, Big Shot-Bulls Eye- Big Nickle-Big Dime. I like the Big Shot box at the top. This is the first one i have seen,would like to find one. The other marble company which used Big Shot as a common name on their bag labels and boxes was Heaton agate. Pressman distributed Alley marbles,labeled as Big Shot. Many Heaton bags and boxes also have the name Big Shot. These were the two companies that used the Big Shot name the most,but others also used the same name Big Shot.

Cool info. Thanks!

I don't know who had that nice box. I tried to retrace my steps to see where I might have found the photo but no luck.

• 3 weeks later...

And then we jump ahead a decade or two. Here are some early Japanese cat's eyes. The ones with bright colors, and pretty, sometimes peachy base glass. Pre-1964.

Uncle Jack's Glass Marbles:

post-279-1183432273_thumb.jpg post-279-1183432289_thumb.jpg post-279-1183432318_thumb.jpg

Source (with more pix and discussion): Old package or new?

And while I was at LOM looking that up I found a couple more links ...

Pressman dishes by Alley

Maker? (intriguing Pressman reference ... need to ask Chuck about that bag)

• 5 months later...