Scenic China.......

n2marbles

Thanking about putting my Scenic china on the bay Cristmas eve. Talked with Hansel about it at the Vegas show and the first thing he asked is "what's it have on it" I said boats....etc. He said 3 or 4 boats. He knows his stuff. Anyway it is about 1 1/4 inches with 3 boats, water, shore, plants, doughnut at each end with poles going between the rings. He said there probaly 30 total scenic's known to exists. I got it from Morphy's years ago and can trace it back to Gary and Dolly (I think). Never the less does anyone think it would do good in this economy?. Steve n2marbles

Hi Steve,

Good Chinas seem to be bringing good money. There was a Scenic Style with Flowers that closed at $2500 recently. Did you see the one that closed last week at 5K+? Wow! What a beauty! The winning bidder has been amassing a collection of chinas for the last few years. There are a few guys eager to own a Scenic China- they will keep the bidding honest. I hope you do well with it- they are certainly rare.

There is another Fake Scenic on eBay now. It is hidden in a batch of marbles. Item number 140290710130. This one has the tell-tale mesh bag that seem to come with the fakes. The guys from Europe (JVV) have pointed out bogus scenics before.

How about posting a sneak peek picture of your marble before the eBay listing?

I'm Hip,

:Happy_457:

Lloyd

Lloyd, I saw that auction and looked somewhat close at the pics and didn't see that marble. Crazy the things I miss these days. I got one of those about 5 years ago and took it to Amana and everyone said it was a fake. I'll try to post pics of each if I can. Seems I can post them on the bay but don't work for me on this site...mine are always to large? Steve

Hi Steve, Lloyd is right, China's are doing very well at this moment, so this might be the good time to sell? Thanks for showing that lovely China's, they are my fave's. The fake one you show here is almost the same as the one a have, bought in Germany a copple of years ago, also fake, but nice to have in youre collection, if you can't pay a authentic one.

Would like to have youre Scenic in my collection, but I'm afraid I can"t pay it.

Greetings from Holland and merry Christmas all.

Cees.

yes...the people who could afford one of them are pretty well off and got the money..

Lloyd,

No where in this lot did I try and hide that scenic China infact it is in about 4 pictures and 1 of them was a good one. On top of that I posted close ups in the thread ebay plug last night. So for someone who is trying to hide something sure does it in a funny way by posting it through out the marble community.......

http://marbleconnection.invisionzone.com/i...showtopic=10231

Hiya Static Rain,

I didn't mean you were hiding anything. :Sad_headshake_tweetz:

Your listing is very straight forward with lots of great marbles & desirable boxes. :Money_0031: The price is getting up there to where it will be a nice Christmas present for both you & the new owner. :Party_fest30: It's an instant collection that deserves positive attention.

We were talking about Steve's Scenic Chinas, Real & Fake. No one had noticed the Scenic Marble in your listing that I knew of- that's why I said, it was hidden away. They hadn't looked beyond the Glazed Pinkie, Shamrock, pin wheel or checker boards. I hope my comment doesn't cause you any trouble.

On another note getting a Merry Christmas from Holland seems somewhat special. Maybe Holland is closer to Santa Claus than Pennsylvania is.

:Happy_143:

Merry Christmas to you too Cees.

I'm Hip,

:Happy_457:

Lloyd Huffer