What Polishing Compound To Use

Kathy

If anyone is interested in three head machines, you should contact John Snyder @ [email protected]. Your going to invest some hard cash to buy a machine. His are made of all aluminum, "not wood". The wood ones are hard to work with and you know what happens when wood gets damp or wet from liquids. John will be showing his machines for the first time in public at this years Sistersville marble show in WV. It's hard to believe, but his custom bilt machines made of all aluminum are about $100.00 less than the wood ones. The other nice thing is that he is not affraid to tell you the tips, hints, problems and headaches upfront.

If anyone is interested email me direct, I'll give you his phone #

Oh, one thing more. Do not ask him to polish mibs..................He does this for his own collection and he feels that if someone pays to have them polished they are more apt to sell them. He don't mind polished mibs, he hates people who sell polished mibs as original. Even though he thinks a restored mib is better than a garbage dump for the life of a shipped mib if people were just honest about it. If you buy one of his machines and he finds out you are selling mibs as original and they are not........you won't be able to hide well enough. He will find you and your ears and ass will ache.

Thanks for the info snyd. People that are dishonest about the mibs they sell are obviously not in it for the love of collecting like many on this board including myself. Why lie about it? That is just silly in my book. I am going to try to get to some of the shows this year, God willing. Although a polishing machine is down the list of things to get until I can get my glass studio up and running with the equipment I need. Tomorrow I go for a small procedure at the hospital to find out what's going on in my gut. The good thing is that I have lost nearly thirty pounds in the last six weeks. I guess there is a silver lining on every dark cloud! God Bless!

Hey, Gary!

Probably a little more weight than recommended for the time period, but if you want to be a lean-mean marble-making machine, then why not?!

Good luck tomorrow. Know you don't need it since you seem to have something better, but best wishes anyway. Bob

Thanks Bob, I really appreciate the well wishes! Someday maybe I'll get back to my Marine Corps wieght! Only forty pounds to go! hehe if I keep going like this then it shouldn't take long at all. I think I may have gotten a good lead on a Nortel major/minor for just over 200 bones. It's got a marver on it and includes the hoses. I just hope it's still there in a few weeks when my taxes come back and I can pick it up. Along the lines of spending some money on my love of glass, and don't mean to jack the thread here, sorry. But when is the next big marble meet where I can finally meet some of you fine folks? God Bless and keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow that all goes well and nothing too serious is going on. Love you guys and gals!