The Ugliest 'ace'?

kbobam

That's interesting. Because of 'buying what I like' I've wound up with what I'll call a 'collection' of Aces, although I'm sure it's extremely modest by most people here's standards. But this brings up the idea of getting a marble you don't particularly like (and I'm thinking about it now!), because you think it would be a worthwhile part of the 'collection'. Not unreasonable in itself, but for some reason I just remembered the first Shakespeare I've thought of in several decades, "O, that way madness lies!"

The first Tributes had an alpha and an omega that were very plain. The first and the last off the rollers. I kept some to have some of everything and I would think the first and last of the Aces would have value as being a part of the run.

The first ones off the rollers in the last dance run have not been shown. The Pony is close. There are 3 or 4 quart jars full that I didn't think merited being shown. They are what I keep talking about giving to kids. Edna

Although I just turned 35 in December, would I still qualify as one of those "Kids?" hehe I love the idea of having some of the first and last mibs from the run because it is part of the history of the run itself. Even in life there are parallels of this, although they don't look the same as the rest of the run, they do have beauty to behold and likewise, a story to be told. :) God Bless,

That's funny that The Pony looks anything like what some consider 'practice-frame' marbles, Edna! I was just thinking that it might be my favorite!

Although to be honest, the Last Dancers are having a funny effect on me, and it seems like every other day I go "Wait a minute! I didn't really look at those before! I think THAT one's my favorite!" This has happened several times so far, and Newtonian law tells me that it will probably continue to happen until I've gone through them all. At that point I guess I'll just have to conclude that they're ALL my favorites! Why not? Bob :)