Technical Question

I had gotten a fascinating call the other day, which to me was a great honor...learned some stuff and looked up some things mentioned.

Now, I'm curious about whether or not all the marble-making machines were sketched/drawn out for the patents and are these things readily available? Is it or would it be possible for a person with engineering and mechanical know-how and a good graphics program, to take the best qualities/features of these machines to make the "ultimate" marble-making machine?

Thanx and have a great day!

:-) Felicia

I had gotten a fascinating call the other day, which to me was a great honor...learned some stuff and looked up some things mentioned.

Now, I'm curious about whether or not all the marble-making machines were sketched/drawn out for the patents and are these things readily available? Is it or would it be possible for a person with engineering and mechanical know-how and a good graphics program, to take the best qualities/features of these machines to make the "ultimate" marble-making machine?

Thanx and have a great day!

why not? i know a mechanical engineer who could do that in a snap.

Great minds think alike! I have had some similiar discussions with a great guy who knows his stuff. After seeing a machine in action, the engineering side of my brain came back to life, briefly... lol I have some idea's that I think are killer and some that will affect the glass which may give some interesting results in the final product.... as long as it hasn't been done before and that's the key. I just don't know if some things have already been done, or worse yet have an existing patent on them. If I had a marble machine and a furnace in my out building I could be testing this stuff daily but alas, there is only a lawn mower and boxes of my things my wife thought were better suited for the building than the house. lol Let's get a team together and some investors and make this happen. I vote we build it here in my out building, it's brand new! :)

God Bless!

Hey Gary,

I don't know (yet) about how the patent process works but I am going to try to find out. In the meantime, here's a site with a bit of information:

http://www.akronmarbles.com/us_marble_patents.htm

I think it would be great to have the'ultimate' machine built. Perhaps with enough research first... advances in technology, skill in mechanics, engineering, drafting etc, this could happen. Someone once told me, years ago, that if you can see it/dream it...it's possible.

Well, here's a bit of patent information:

http://www.referenceforbusiness.com/small/...nd-Patents.html

I also wanted to understand more about the process/what the machines do and came across this:

http://www.enotes.com/how-products-encyclopedia/marbles

I've been pondering about this all and think that perhaps this should be done in stages, kind of like what an architect does by making a draft/drawing, a scale model with moveable parts, then the machine itself, working out any possible bugs, paying mind to any changes and making notations of them.