New Ebay Shipping Policy

Has any one read the shipping/insurance policy Ebay is going to put in effect the later part of next month? The way I understand it a seller may no longer charge for insurance. It must be included in the shipping/handling fees.

Charles

the way it looks, it's going to effect my .. buying and selling. i NEVER charged handling fees, and ins. is, was, optional. greedy sellers, some, jack up the handling fees more, which makes me .. MOVE ON. ebay .... REALLYYYYYY .... SUCKS. bill

my thoughts when i read it was its just another way to make the sellers pay if a package goes lost or stolen off the buyers porch or by post office, because up to now its been a liability that ebay is dealing with by giving them back there monies if lets say the postman leaves the package at a doorstep and it gets ripped, no one was at fault because sellers claimed they didnt purchase insurance and tracking info says it was delivered and buyers were saying its not my fault it got ripped off, ebay is geared toward buyers so ebay was returning the monies out of their pockets,, now it all falls on sellers lap,,,bj

I agree with John it is putting the responsibility on the seller. I don't charge any handling fees, I charge $3 with delivery confirmation to ship a marble in a box. Believe me I'm not making any money on shipping. I give folks the option on insurance up to $100 ending price then I require it. If buyers are not given the option to buy insurance and a marble is lost/stolen then they are going to expect the seller to cover it. If they opt out then it's on them. I have a feeling shipping fees are going to take a big jump when this goes into effect.

Charles

i dont charge handeling either...i mostly ship in the 4.95 flat rate box...most times in bulk sales the shipping is free...in almost 700 auctions ive never lost a marbles shipment...once a deal made on line came up tampered with and a magazine i sold was lost(so they say).....it would be hard to get not used to makin the deal sweeter without the cuts on shipping and handeling charges...go figure