Jabo On "dirty Jobs"??

dink1111

Just wondering, I've been kinda out of the marble loop lately. When Richard and i went to Amana, we heard from somebody, wish I could remember who, that The Discovery channel show "Dirty Jobs" had filmed an episode about marble-making at the Jabo factory. At the time it was thought the episode would air sometime in August. Did I miss it, or is it still waiting its turn? Or was the whole thing another one of those crazy dreams I sometimes have that are so vivid I confuse them with reality??

Dink

No you didn't miss it. I spoke with producer within the last six weeks.The proccess continues and it is tentatively now late Sept or Oct. I didn't ask,bur TV stations are closing, ad sales are down and I'd guess the wholeindustry is slowing. Bet auto advertising is down too.

I do not know if there have been any changes since then and David McCullough has not mentioned it. I'll bet there are a number of people who will announce the time and date as soon as they hear it.

Dink, Did you see the Joe Street video? He made it after the Tribute Run. It was his first time to the factory. He is very bright, observant, and mechanical. I think he really captured the spirit of any run and specifically explains how marbles are made and how the machines work.

Here is the link http://www.viddler.com/explore/joemarbles/videos/1/

• 4 weeks later...