Buyers Leaving Dsr Ratings

manddrakes

Has anyone eles been noticing that when a buyer that's a seller of marbles leaves feedback after buying from you your DSR rating go's down. I ship for 2.00. This cover the 1.13 in shipping cost. .54 cents for envolope and .30 cents in bubble wrap. Now I got feedback from a buyer that's a seller as well. He gives me a low dsr rating for shipping cost and he charges 4.00. This DSR is stupid. They give you a postive feedback and hammer you the other way. I just wonder some times about people. I have just started blocking every person when my DSR rating go's down at all. What eles can you do? Thanks for letting me rant. Mike

i don't pay much attention to those...enough other stuff to worry about in my life and i guess i don't qualify as a "powerseller" so it really makes no difference to me. ebay just frustrates me all around....fees, rules, new fees, new rules, etc.......

i do think you are paying too much for padded envelopes though...i get mine for about .15-.20 a piece. PM me and I can shoot you the website.

d

Ebay does if you fall below 4.2 you can have some serious problems. Ebay is a joke with all there fricking fees and rules I AGREE! Funny... powerseller not me! It doesn't matter if you are a powerseller or not. I just think it's crazy other fellow marble collector/seller would do this to you when you buy from them and give them five stars across the board. I have started a list of these names, I guess anything to give them the upper hand. "I will not drop to there standards". I have been turning them in. I have really got on the ball lately to ship faster and communicate. I haven't been having this problem with buyers that don't sell. It just is really pissing me off. I'm not doing it to them! Mike

Thanks for the link/site for envolopes.

what doesn't make sense to me with the "dsr" stuff is 4 stars is "accurate, satisfied, etc", 5 stars is "very accurate, very satisfied, etc.".....so why should anyone be penalized for being accurate and not very accurate. seems very subjective! i agree it's a mess...and sucks...and wish there was a better way!

In answer to Brian's comment....

YES, a good DSR rating is important... If the rating slips below.... Is it 4.2?.... Your auctions are effected in the search engine.

In other words... Ebay will, through the search engine, promote sellers with higher DSR than lower...

So yes, competition CAN effect a seller by trashing their DSR... Man, that sux.....

Even worse... Ebay has just announced that they will be tightening that noose progressively over the next year...

:fighting-547:

Sue,

Yes your correct! We all gather here to bond at times and we do, and at other time we don't. I like what i heard the other day. Step back take a hour before you respond. If your a marble seller and you sent me a rock I would laugh and send you a p.m./email and say I didn't know you sold rocks to, but a rock I have. Can you send me that marble, and even if after receiving that marble it's shit. I would contact you and work something out. At the end of the day you would get five stars! We are a community of collectors and Fellow friends. If you want to leave anything less then perfect fives for your collectors/friends then step back take an hour and contact them and work something out. If your in it for the money as some say I am! Well there wrong. I'm sell to help others most of the time. I have been selling as of late to help a good friends family cover funeral expenses. With the measure you use it will be measured back to you. We all fall short. That's where the heart steps in to make it right. Take the time to make a friend and you will see you have the time to be a friend. Thanks Mike

One's and two's are bad! We are all a team gathered together. Lets start acting like it. I will change my listings and if there's something I can do for you I will try and help! I bring this up now because there seems to be so much madness with sellers here. It's a hard economy and we are a hobby that will get out of it last at best. Lets be helpful to each other. Where there are two or more gathered in my name I am there as well! "That is Christ words"! We should be the same work together, share, and help each other. We are all in a hole. "In a sence", lets build a ladder together and get out of it. What's good for one will be good for all...respect! If you don't have the time for a friend then do me a favor and don't bid on my items and may "God Bless... YOU". Mike

I'm still waiting for Sir Richard Branson to create "Virgin Auctions!!"

Ebay needs serious competition that can rattle their cage enough to see daylight...

I'd have to be a pretty unhappy camper, to leave anything but 5's....

their whole system sucks! after 11 years on ebay... I get a negative.(its in an old thread here) Cuz the %^#@**^ didn't think I shipped fast enough, even tho all my ads say I ship ONCE a week. I shipped his within 3 business days. had NO problem with the marble, and he still got it within a weeks end of auction, sends me nasty emails, gives me a neg. and ebay doesn't do crap except lower my rating. yep. they suck, and since sellers can't leave feedback thats accurate, except positive, you really have NO idea what kind of a nut case you could be dealing with.I'm sure anyone that's been on greedbay for any length of time, now realizes their feedback system leaves you open to extortion from basket case buyers.

and if you are a power seller, which I have been off and on, it (the rating numbers) determines how much of a discount you get on their already way too high fees. So some loser that's in need of mental help can mess up your overall stats on the bay. and shocker that I know you understand, ebay DOESN'T CARE! So with that in mind, i am no longer a power seller, and don't care. LOL! If I qualify now and then fine, but I sure as heck don't follow their requirements to get there! All they care about is their $$. greedbay....

It's a fine line, I agree. I'm asking for respect for me and all of you! There are nut cases out there I agree! We in here are not nut cases? Well maybe we are in our own sence. I now for the most part everyone here tries and works for each other when they have the chance. I ask and I think everyone that sells at any time here on the board or abroad. Lets find a common ground.... respect! I will always be straight be straight with me and I/we will be life long friends. My last words when leaving dsr ratings for anyone... Me and my marble friends! Did you give them a chance at being anything other then a perfect "5"? "like you"! Thanks Mike

I haven't been a powerseller in about acouple years! There must be an advantage to being a powerseller? Do you get perfect fives all the time? Thanks Mike

I look forward to selling marbles to great buyer/seller! I ask for five's and you will get five's in return. I will always give everyone of my buyers a chance! or two! I don't care to be a powerseller! I care about people not a dollar! Thanks Mike.

Buy because your a freind! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160362493764&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

My opinion - I am not a seller on EBay anymore - but I buy pretty frequently.

Sellers used to be able to hold my feedback hostage by responding with their own negative on you if you gave them one for any reason - which was totally unfair. Now Ebay has made the market "buyer freindly" by putting ALL the earnst on the seller to take care of the buyer with 100%

satisfaction - which is how it SHOULD be. If the seller is slow to ship, or wraps the product in re-used smokey smelly foam peanuts, or wads up my mint condition Peltier Original bags into a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 printed email - they are gonna get nailed on the shipping section - and if they are super slow, or super poor in their descriptions - I will nail them on those areas too.

Now I can give the seller a over all positive rating but still be honest and fair in communicating to others any problems I may have experienced - which is what feedback is supposed to be about...If a seller is a real dog and screws up and refuses to make good - I get to nail them without fear of retribution - and others are warned about the problems.

As a solution - you might want to try sending a follow up email to your buyers asking them if all went well and asking them to leave you a 5 star rating because they (the customer not the rating) are important to you.

One seller sent me a set of MK "tigers" and when they arrived they were "wasps" - I could have just nailed them for poor description - but instead I emailed them and asked for a partial refund - which they did immediately - and I gave them 5 stars - other sellers refused to respond to requests for combined shipping - so they might get a positve because they did what they said they would do on the auction listing - but my comments are not nice....which is a great advantage to the buyers and potential buyers looking to see who they want to deal with.

What do you supose the ratio between buyers and sellers is in Ebay, and how does that compare to your average mall? Ebay did what they thought they had to do. They started seeing more sellers and fewer buyers. With happy buyers they can always find people willing to sell. Happy sellers and few buyers does not work nearly as well.

Yes there are lowlife buyers scamming the system. The same goes for sellers. Unscrupulous sellers can do more damage in a shorter time than buyers.

The system would be perfect, if only everyone acted responsibly... Unfortunately, that's not always the case... I don't mind taking a hit if I goof up. But, this new system allows that single hit to do a LOT of damage... All would be easier if buyers took the time to question an error... Again... Unfortunately, they often don't...

I also don't feel this is entirely the buyers fault!! I don't think ebay educates the buyer on the weight of their ratings... Like Olympic Judges, some people just don't do 100% ratings for anything... If they were aware of the consequences, they may have a different view...

Unscrupulous sellers can do more damage in a shorter time than buyers.

I'm not so sure about that.... Especially, these days....

eBay says that the DSR scores left by the buyer are anonymous. So if the DSRs left by a buyer immediately showed up in a seller's overall ratings, it wouldn't be anonymous, since the seller could tell what scores were left, if he/she was keeping track.

I'm about 90% convinced that there is a time lag of several days, maybe even a week, before ratings left are accurately reflected in the overall scores. The time period may be somewhat random, just to keep everything anonymous.

That's the best sense I can make of it, since some very positive feedback by buyers has been followed by DSRs going down, only to "level off" and be where one would expect them to be, after awhile.

My opinion - I am not a seller on EBay anymore - but I buy pretty frequently.

Sellers used to be able to hold my feedback hostage by responding with their own negative on you if you gave them one for any reason - which was totally unfair. Now Ebay has made the market "buyer freindly" by putting ALL the earnst on the seller to take care of the buyer with 100%

satisfaction - which is how it SHOULD be. If the seller is slow to ship, or wraps the product in re-used smokey smelly foam peanuts, or wads up my mint condition Peltier Original bags into a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 printed email - they are gonna get nailed on the shipping section - and if they are super slow, or super poor in their descriptions - I will nail them on those areas too.

Now I can give the seller a over all positive rating but still be honest and fair in communicating to others any problems I may have experienced - which is what feedback is supposed to be about...If a seller is a real dog and screws up and refuses to make good - I get to nail them without fear of retribution - and others are warned about the problems.

As a solution - you might want to try sending a follow up email to your buyers asking them if all went well and asking them to leave you a 5 star rating because they (the customer not the rating) are important to you.

One seller sent me a set of MK "tigers" and when they arrived they were "wasps" - I could have just nailed them for poor description - but instead I emailed them and asked for a partial refund - which they did immediately - and I gave them 5 stars - other sellers refused to respond to requests for combined shipping - so they might get a positve because they did what they said they would do on the auction listing - but my comments are not nice....which is a great advantage to the buyers and potential buyers looking to see who they want to deal with.

Yes, there are many problems! For the most part all my buyers are from the boards and or I have sent them to the boards to learn. Respect is giving others a chance to reply and make it right! Is this a five star world? Hell NO! Can we as collectors make it the best we can "YES". Alot of us set in church and hear the words! How many of us fallow the words! We are just people trying to care for each other. No matter the cost!!! I will always collect from friends because, when I need a place to lay my head or need a bowl of soup... They will be there! I will give five stars! And all collectors should give there buyers/sellers a five star across the board. If you have a problem contact the buyer/seller most are here to be helpful if they love the hobby. I think this is true for myself and other great marble sellers. Thanks Mike

eBay says that the DSR scores left by the buyer are anonymous. So if the DSRs left by a buyer immediately showed up in a seller's overall ratings, it wouldn't be anonymous, since the seller could tell what scores were left, if he/she was keeping track.

I'm about 90% convinced that there is a time lag of several days, maybe even a week, before ratings left are accurately reflected in the overall scores. The time period may be somewhat random, just to keep everything anonymous.

That's the best sense I can make of it, since some very positive feedback by buyers has been followed by DSRs going down, only to "level off" and be where one would expect them to be, after awhile.

Ebay "says"! Ebay couldn't find there ass with both hands! I think you said enough! Anonyous my ass......