New England Collectors Lost A Friend

Scoop

Paul Gerson was a wonderful friend to a lot of New England marble collectors... He never got too involved in the shows, clubs or gatherings... He simply enjoyed buying and selling at flea markets and antiques shows, as a stress reliever from his "day job" in child psychology. Wherever he showed up, he had a ton of marbles and always something unusual...

I think every collector who bought from him thought of him as their "secret source," hoping that no one else had ever run into him!!! LOL

Every December, my husband and kids would sneak out on a weekend and meet with Paul to find unique marble presents for me... We had spent many hours talking at shows and he knew what I liked....

At the NE show, I ran across another old friend I hadn't seen for a while, Akro collector Al Morin... Al gave me the bad news that Paul had passed away, very suddenly, on August 1st.

I was stunned... Paul was only 65 and had just retired about a year or 2 ago... My heart goes out to his wife, Lani Campbell and their 2 daughters, Kyree and Sienna...

And again, James Taylor comes to mind....

"But, I always thought that I'd see you one more time again"

Sue Said:

Paul Gerson was a wonderful friend to a lot of New England marble collectors...

Paul had passed away, very suddenly, on August 1st

I was stunned... Paul was only 65

redbud.jpg

It seems like if you turn your back for one minute another one of the good guys falls.

Paul was one of the most interesting men I ever met. I am sure this is a major blow to his family and everyone that knew him.

Respectfully,

Lloyd Huffer

• 9 months later...

I don't know how I overlooked this or didn't have someone tell me about Paul. I can't tell you the number of times I hooked up with Paul at the Rawley, MA Sunday morning flea market. He always had something I wanted and occasionally he bought from me. He always seemed perfectly content with his own marble milieu. The concept of a 'secret find' was so true. His wife was a sweetheart. I don't think I needed to discover this today but I'm glad I finally did. Paul deserves a special place in our memories. David Chamberlain