Ot:good Rock Tumbler?

eventually I would like to purchase my Father-in-law a nice rock tumbler/polisher and would like some suggestions. He burnt out a few cheap ones. He polishes agates he finds in Oregon and in Texas. beautiful stuff.

Not in any hurry, probably March will be when I get it for his b-day.

Thanks in advance!

Rosalie

eventually I would like to purchase my Father-in-law a nice rock tumbler/polisher and would like some suggestions. He burnt out a few cheap ones. He polishes agates he finds in Oregon and in Texas. beautiful stuff.

Not in any hurry, probably March will be when I get it for his b-day.

Thanks in advance!

Rosalie

stick with lortone inc. tumblers from seattle wa., they last forever....jack

Catseye jack is right. Lortone Tumblers are head and shoulders above any other brand that I'm aware of. You can purchase them through Kingsley North,Inc. Their phone number is 1-800-338-9280 and they will be happy to send you a catalog. They have complete Lapidary supply's. I've dealt with them for years and have always been happy with their service and products. Hope this helps ----Leroy----

I was using a Thumler's Tumbler in the spring, but the barrels would not seal properly and the belts kept breaking. I got rid of it and bought a Lortone. It is the one with the two 1.5-lb barrels. This way you can use one barrel for the two rough tumbles and the other for the pre-polish and polish. I picked up the tumbler, and grits for about 8 loads, for less than $150 off of one of the rock tumbling sites.

I was using a Thumler's Tumbler in the spring, but the barrels would not seal properly and the belts kept breaking. I got rid of it and bought a Lortone. It is the one with the two 1.5-lb barrels. This way you can use one barrel for the two rough tumbles and the other for the pre-polish and polish. I picked up the tumbler, and grits for about 8 loads, for less than $150 off of one of the rock tumbling sites.

have him give glass tumbling a try......jack

post-1692-126203870267_thumb.jpg

post-1692-126203871475_thumb.jpg