What's Up With These Marbles All Came Out Of An Original 10,000 Count Wood Crate Of Akro's.

well I just saw this ad wonder about it may be Graig will junp in , sounds like a dream come true. ? Mike

This is a new box with the Akro Agate Logo on the lid. It contains 121 5/8" mint Imperial translucent style Akro corkscrews. These marbles all came out of an original 10,000 count wood crate of Akro's. Never used, never in a collection. Awesome set!

post-94-126866015639_thumb.jpg

Mike a few years back I found a guy with the marbles but he had gotten rid of the crate. Over 4000 corkscrews, another 2000 flinties, royals, game marbles, a few patches. These are a few of the remaining corks. It was an awesome find. Similar crates came up for auction in Iowa a few years back. A few collectors have them.

This guy got his 30 years ago when his friends dad passed away. The dad had a gumball machine route and would put marbles in. He had 4 crates in the garage when he died. He took one, I guess the others eventually ended up in auctions. (He could have had them all for free!)

Craig

Are these Akro's being offered for sale now? Is the photo of the box yours? I get excited when I see corks like that.... :excl:

Hi even though I am bidding I will post the auctions for Craig . and then be sure to check out mine also. Mike

MARBLE AKRO AGATE BOX OF 121 CORKSCREW MARBLES

MARBLE VINTAGE AKRO AGATE NO. 230 BOX OF MARBLES

mmuehlba's Items for Sale

Not counterfeit.

Craig is known for his fantasy boxes. They're a nice way to display mibs.

I think he signs them. Well, I think he signed and/or numbered some. I don't know about these. Just wanted to back off from the harsh sound of "counterfeit" with its connotations of something presented as real when it's not.

Not counterfeit.

Craig is known for his fantasy boxes. They're a nice way to display mibs.

I think he signs them. Well, I think he signed and/or numbered some. I don't know about these. Just wanted to back off from the harsh sound of "counterfeit" with its connotations of something presented as real when it's not.

He should state in the description that it's a fantasy box, and he doesn't. Counterfeit fits as a description if a seller is leaving room for the buyer to come to a false conclusion. I'd like to buy 121 mint Akros, but not in a fake box and not all the same color.