Chuck Sr.

CHARLES W. PORTER SR.

:D AUGUST 1 1933~~~~~~~~~~~APRIL 2 2010 :white-flag-25:

dadvegas2007.jpg

My father finally lost his battle with Alzheimer and Parkinson’s disease at 9:24am on April 2 2010. He was hospitalized the day before with bouts of throwing up and complaints of chest pains where he made it through the night but never recovered. The good news is that he doesn’t have to suffer anymore and has moved on to a better place.

My father got me started with marble collecting about 11 years ago just prior to my retirement from active service military duty (USAF). He had already been a serious collector since before 1985 when he retired from the Los Angeles Wilshire Blvd. VA Hospital as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist. He soon opened an establishment dedicated to marbles and glass called, “Chucks Antiques Marbles and Memorabilia” located in Pasadena, California. The store flourished and was successful for many years with the aide of my mother who diligently contributed and assisted my father in the store’s success. The store is still there but never really opened back up for business after my mothers’ death in 2005.

Viewing of the body, which will be held on Sunday the 11th and both the internment and funeral services will be held on Monday the 12th of April 2010 at Rose Hills Memorial in Whittier, California. Cards and floral donations can be sent to 3660 Monterosa Drive, Altadena, California 91001

• 2 weeks later...