Now These Are The True Original Boxed Marbles

These boxes were purchased from an antique shop in Ohio or W. Va. years ago. They are full of advertising bags. There is a never-opened full box of Rainbows, a never-opened full box of catseyes, and a 7/8ths full box of cats.

Every pkg. of cats has 2 or more St. Mary's cross-thru marbles and several pkgs. have the rare catseye in pink glass.

I'd like to sell these boxes and bags but have no idea of value. I wonder if the Rainbow bags have any Watermelons, Green Hornets, Dragonfly's, or ??????

post-35-127229802397_thumb.jpg

post-35-127229806898_thumb.jpg

post-35-127229810047_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty sure David Chamberlain or Ron Shepherd could help as far as what a selling price could be.

I still cannot get over seeing pictures of cases of marbles! That is a major...woaaaaahhhhh yeaaaahhhhhh Buh-dee!

:-) Felicia

Witnesses and have the opening videoed or at least photographed. I don't see any pink cat's-eyes. Never have for that matter although I have Vitro Anacortes cat's-eyes in pink glass.

Really, pink glass? That is so cool. I have to go back and look at those bags again and see if I can detect the cross-throughs. And did it say Berry Pink on the box? My short term memory must be shot! I'll get back to this and Edit! David

Yeah, BERRY PINK bold as day. That makes it a killer display item. I only can see one color cat's-eyes. You got anything against opening one of those bags from the open box? Be nice to see those cross-thrus.

I have no idea what the price for something like this would be. I generally prefer fixed prices but on something like this maybe taking offers or at least considering them at a show. Anyway, it would be spectacular to open a box at a show but probably be prepared on the spot to transact!

David- see my other post showing a bag with a pink glass cat in it. BTW: Each box states 23 lbs. - 16 marbles per bag. I dunno maybe 144 bags per box? 244? I'm lousy at math.

Yes- bags have 1,2, or more cross-thrus. Don't want to mess around with them again. LOL

Gave Duffy a bag at the New Philly show years ago and I sent one to Pinx. I think I gave one to Al too. All had cross-throughs.

Yeah my pics suck. Pink base glass. White vanes. I'm not about to open the bags that have pink cats. It would give me heart failure. LOL

Anyways, those loose marbles are some others in pink glass. Wanna see some in red glass or cobalt? Or perhaps yellow glass?

post-35-127231430123_thumb.jpg

post-35-127231431875_thumb.jpg

post-35-127231434055_thumb.jpg

I must be losing it. Is that pink vanes or pink glass? I won't bother you with this again. Either way, PINK is important and everyone knows that Felicia has 'pink on the brain.' Pics were kind of blurry. David

Don't know how i managed to go right by that and miss it!

LOL David, what other pretty color goes well with my favourite gorgeous purples?....PINK!

:-) Felicia