Garage Sale Find

Went to a few garage sales while heading home and found these jars of marbles. 5 peanut bar jars full and 2 glass jars. Howie and I will have a lot of separating to do. At least from what I could see, they were all vintage machine mades and I didn't doubt the older couple who said they must be 50 or 60 years old at least. I saw several that looked to be newer from just viewing the jars but believe the final count will be between 50-100 out of a thousand or so, so not too bad. I had Howie with me and they were shocked that a young boy liked marbles. Bought a splitting maul, always can use an extra when splitting wood, lol and a few old baseball bats. Real good day. Enclosing two pics for now, front view of the jars and back view. Will be posting more pics after we've had the chance to browse through them that I think are beautiful or we need help with iding. 4731184724_49f3a9f06a_b.jpg

4730540495_8316090bb6_b.jpg

Don't know if in good taste to say but paid 21 dollars for them all so even if real common should be a great deal. Soaking them all right now. We just did basic seperation: Howie put all the broken ones and clearies in a container. Seperated the cats into one category, others: patches, swirls etc in another, shooter size in another pile and each pile is soaking right now. Also found about 100 various marbles that may be newer and put them in a pile, they just look different to me and in such nice shape can't imagine they are that old. I now have about 20 violet cats, never had any before. A couple really nice looking slags. I know these are probably pretty common marbles but I hope there are a few gems in there.

Here are some photos of some of the cats, I think they are purple in color. I plan on only keeping 3 of them, I have 23 actually. I have my eye on some handmades locally and may go through my collection of about 4000 machinemades and anything I have more than doubles of will be for sale and will preview them here, thinking about selling a few of my black cats, st. mary's along with other marbles and/or put some on the bay. Probably mainly commons but sometimes you got to sell something you have a lot of to get the money to buy things you desire, lol.

4731078997_d8099f13c9.jpg

4731721142_f2ec6ddd07.jpg

4731078809_426be425e5.jpg

1st pic just some of the cats around 5/8ths that was in this lot. 2nd Pic are shooter size cats in the lot except that smaller white one which somehow got in the photo. I have so many cats. I must have dozens of these all ready. About half of my mibs that I own are cats. Probably a few hundred shooter sizes cats as well.

4731896892_68d94b5284_b.jpg

4731902178_4f68790d54_b.jpg