Plea For Bad Sulphides

I am looking for damaged old sulphides you don't want anymore. I don't care how beaten-up or bad they look, I want to alter them for a project I am wanting to do. I know you've looked at some of my fixes but sometimes they explode in my kiln into 100's of little pieces and the figurines inside turn to dust in the heat of the kiln.

So, I am asking you collectors of suplhides to give me the unwanted ones you have that you can't bring yourself to throw away and throw them in my direction.

Ok, have I begged enough yet?...lol

Please let me know

Thanks

Rich, if you dont mind me asking, what's your idea ?

If you are going to incorporate them into a new project or piece of art, you might save a lot of time by starting with a new figure and going from there, shaping the glass into what you're looking to achieve. Just a thought.

Ray

I've tried adding some modern figurines but the glass isn't compatible with it and it cracks. That's why I need old glass. Also, I thought to have 3 little figurines "chasing" each other might be cool.

Rich

Ive made complete train layouts with 4 or 5 cars, a couple buildings and an airplane flying through, all in a 2 inch marble.

You might want to check out the book, "The Making of sulphides". Let me know if you want a copy I have several at the house still.

Really, how cool.

I have made s train set marble with an engine, coal cars, box cars and a caboose with a train signal on a marble. I use soft glass but I bet you use Boro because it's easier and doesn't thermal shock as easily as COE 104 does. If you torch soft glass, 2" marbles are really difficult to do! Very easy with Boro since one can keep that glass out of the heat for a long time and not worry too much about thermal shocking.

I sold the marble at my marble show last year. Do you still have yours for a pix?

Rich

BJ,

I feel you most likely already know this, but I'm going to say it anyway. There are insulators that are worth good money. They are the Amber, deep blue, and other clear glass colors. If there are any of those around there I don't think they should be melted down. IMO----Leroy----