Weather Bird Shoe Marbles

dakodiak

I am not sure this is the right place so i'll just ask here and see. Does anyone know about Weather Bird Shoe marbles in thier original boxes which has 5 marbles in each one I will get some pictures later when they send the pics to me. But I was asked to find out if they are worth anything so if someone knows anything please let me know and i'll pass it on thanks and Merry Christmas to all and I hope Santa brings you everything you want.

These?

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/weatherbird-shoes-marble-box-akro-corkscrew

It looks like you can sign up to see a price if you sign up, but that costs money. If I were to guess, I'd say that it'd be worth good money. The marbles aren't anything special, but I can only assume that the box is very rare, as this is the only mention I could find of it.

An interesting piece to be sure.

Of course it depends on the condition of the box. The one I picture here that I have I got for $25 or so. It's a little beat up so... I have seen these range from $20 up to $45 or so but it's been a while. There are also some Weatherbord Shoes advertising on an Akro Box and some others I believe. Also, some bags but those you have to be careful of since some may have been "filled".

post-60-129194681993_thumb.jpg

post-60-129194683193_thumb.jpg

post-60-129194684161_thumb.jpg

THE BOX WITHOUT THE TAG IS MY FAULT IT HAD A ROUND TAG ON IT AND I PULLED IT NOFF AND THE LABEL CAME WITH IT. SOMEONE PASTED IT OVER THE TOP SO I DONT KNOW IF THEY DID IT TO COVER SOMETHING BUT WHEN I TOOK THE STICKER OFF IT WAS GONE SORRY I WILL SELL THEM 650.00 FOR ALL 10 ANYONE INTERESTED

If you're taking my lead with that suggestion of $75 I wouldn't put a great deal of hope in it. That was a full retail value consideration as opposed to a lucky casual purchase at a show or via an auction. Mostly collectors would only be interested in one(1) of these and maybe they would pay upwards of $65 but in quantity it would likely be a marble dealer and paying close to high retail wouldn't make much sense. These are off the cuff ruminations but you might like to consider them. David

YOU ARE RIGHT i GUESS I HAD SOME WISHFUL THINKING SO I WILL TRY AND PUT A COUPLE ON HERE AND MAYBE START THEM AT SAY 35.00 OR 40.00 WHICH IS PROBABLY THAN SELLING THEM ALL SO AGAIN IF ANYONE HAS A OFFER PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I'LL LIST THEM HERE AND IF NTHEY BALL DON'T SELL HERE I WILL TRY EBAY I JUST DON'T REALLY LIKE SELLING THERE WITH ALL THEIR FEES AND RULES SO MAYBE ALL THE GREAT FRIENDS ON HERE WILL BUY THEM ALL AND I WON'T HAVE TO PUT THERE THANKS AGAIN FOR LISTENING TO MY UNAWARENESS OF ALL THIS MARBLE THINGS...JEFF