Courtesy Of Santa

Chordus

Rich repaired a bunch of my marbles, as well as making some remelts. Some of the remelts are certifiably bad@ss, and deserve posting.

The first marble here is a combination of two corkscrews. The started out identical, but were both well chipped when I got them. One was cleaved from top-to-bottom, one from side-to-side. They were remelted together along where they were damaged, and this is the result. Absolutely awesome!

post-2769-129209953175_thumb.jpg

The next one's a remelt of three slags; one red, one cyan, one lemonade. Awesome effect, and lights up beautifully. There are cracks visible in the picture, but they barely show up to the naked eye.

post-2769-129209954947_thumb.jpg

And this last one here is one he remelted, before and after shots. Now that the marble's in good condition, it's got a prime position in my best box. This slag is epic!

post-2769-129209976267_thumb.jpgpost-2769-129209974567_thumb.jpg

Rich repaired a bunch of my marbles, as well as making some remelts. Some of the remelts are certifiably bad@ss, and deserve posting.

The first marble here is a combination of two corkscrews. The started out identical, but were both well chipped when I got them. One was cleaved from top-to-bottom, one from side-to-side. They were remelted together along where they were damaged, and this is the result. Absolutely awesome!

post-2769-129209953175_thumb.jpg

The next one's a remelt of three slags; one red, one cyan, one lemonade. Awesome effect, and lights up beautifully. There are cracks visible in the picture, but they barely show up to the naked eye.

And this last one here is one he remelted, before and after shots. Now that the marble's in good condition, it's got a prime position in my best box. This slag is epic!

post-2769-129209976267_thumb.jpgpost-2769-129209974567_thumb.jpg

How awesome!! Nancy

I was totally jazzed with the slag remelt until I took the cooled marble out of my kiln the next morning, 8 1/2 hours later. It went in with perfect condition on the surface but cooled with small cracks. It is because the original glass that made each slag had compatibility issues that will only show up later after is tools from 1450 degrees F down to room temperature. I always say, "The glass will do what IT wants to do!"

There are cracks visible in the picture, but they barely show up to the naked eye.

I was totally jazzed with the slag remelt until I took the cooled marble out of my kiln the next morning, 8 1/2 hours later. It went in with perfect condition on the surface but cooled with small cracks. It is because the original glass that made each slag had compatibility issues that will only show up later after is tools from 1450 degrees F down to room temperature. I always say, "The glass will do what IT wants to do!"

Really? I haven't seen any cracks on that one. There are a few sub-surface bubbles on the back (which was really chipped, so not too surprising), but no cracks anywhere. Even the camera didn't pick up anything.

Now I am confused. Seems Rich is referring to the marble that cracked all to hell that you showed pictures of cracked all to hell............but now you say you don't see the cracks? i see the cracks. LOL

Oh, the slag REMELT. I misread it, and thought he was referring to the green slag. My bad, you're right. The three-colored remelt is cracked. However, I maintain that it is an AWESOME marble.

I wish I had a huge supply of lemonade slags that could be sacrificed. They're absolutely beautiful when meshed together with others!

He did a cyan/lemonade remelt that I like even more. There's only one small picture online, which he posted at:

http://marbleconnection.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=14645&view=findpost&p=126393

The marble is absolutely incredible, and lights up beautifully under a UV. The pictures I took of it weren't so great, so I didn't post them here.