One Question Leads To Another...

jstone

Now that I've figured out I have a cute little yellowish clear marble that contains Manganese...does anyone know if a certain company used Manganese? I'm guessing it was common - but it can't hurt to ask! Could this be something that would help i.d. it? I'm still meaning to photograph it, but I haven't had a chance yet. :wacko:

Thanks for any thoughts,

Jessica

p.s.- The marble dates from the 1920's or 30's - my best guess.

I think probably more than one company new and old used Manganese. I've had a variety of orange glowers.

... also had some other colors. Sometimes you have to move the bright glowers out of the way to see the other colors but they're kinda neat when you notice them.

Had an Akro Popeye which had four or five colors under blacklight, but no way could I see them if a Lemonade was anywhere near.

Jabo classics can do some pretty funky things under blacklight.

Also had some modern Marble Kings (and some jars) which glowed a rather cool blue shade.

I think probably more than one company new and old used Manganese. I've had a variety of orange glowers ...

Me too, although I've had many more green / yellow ones. But the oranges have certainly been all over the place, including some filiments in some German sparklers (not many, but they're there, much to my surprise).