Marble Auction 4/29-30

I just wanted to share the information of an upcoming marble auction being held in Indianapolis, IN. I have had the pleasure of viewing these marbles and all I can say is WOW!!!! Here is a address to the website at auction.zip. Click on the pictures already posted and watch for the catalogue. marble auction

The auctioneer contacted me about asking how marble shows are usually ran as he would like to incorporate the feel to the auction. Rooms have therefore been blocked at the motel in which he has chosen to hold the auction. You can view the marbles Friday night for approximately 3 hours before the auction on Saturday. Hope to see you there.

Beth

Indiana Marble Club

P.S. It would behoove me to keep this information under wraps for myself, but with so many marbles in this collection, I truly believe there is something here for everyone.

well being 8 hours away will keep me out but there is so much and All to be sold in an old fashion auction format with no buyer’s premium for floor bidders. NO LIVE INTERNET BIDDING! Absentee and phone bidders will pay a 15% buyer’s premium and every bidder will be disclosed . wonder how it will happen with choice or will very thing be bagged and numbered . ? Mike

well being 8 hours away will keep me out but there is so much and All to be sold in an old fashion auction format with no buyer’s premium for floor bidders. NO LIVE INTERNET BIDDING! Absentee and phone bidders will pay a 15% buyer’s premium and every bidder will be disclosed . wonder how it will happen with choice or will very thing be bagged and numbered . ? Mike

Give him a call and ask. There will be a catalogue the auctionzip ad said. It will out by the 15th.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard from one attendee that the handmades did very well for the sellers. A couple buyers spent in the high 4 figure range + and there was at least one absentee bidder that got a lot of them, too. The machine mades did not do as well so there were some deals. No specifics - just generalities.

I went to the auction and had a list of about 8 itmes that I really, really wanted. I came home with 5 of the 8 plus a few things I didn't plan on buying until I got there. I have Champaign tastes on a beer budget. I thought the big hand mades, unusual smaller hand mades and the sulphides did well. I am sure some of them will reappear on the bay. Individual machine mades seemed to do ok, but nothing spectacular (I admit I used those times for personal releif breaks :party-780: ) Boxed sets were received with mixed results. A couple of the Akro sets went high in my opinion and others didn't. The popeye box went for under $800. The Comic 5 count box went for $350. Some Jimit Agate boxes and Akro chinese sets went for less than $10 each. One of the akro 250 boxes went for over $1200. There was a Master #7 shooter set that went in a lot for under $50.

Kudos to the auctioneers for the way they handled the preview,organizing the marbles, the auction itself and checkout. they were organized and well prepared. Great Job to the Evergreen Guys! Four Hundred lots in less than 5 hours was impressive. There were twenty-five bid numbers and 3 or 4 were phone or absentee bidders, also handled well and with full disclosure by the auctioneer.

I think everyone left happy. My only regret was that the suitcase I brought on the plane wasn't big enough for everyting I covetted, Golly I miss the the early marble auctions with interactions between buyers.