Real Alley Agate?

eddiemex

They don't look modern to me. And they don't look like Champion to me. I obviously don't know enough about Alley to say they're not. I'm willing to take Ray's word unless Ron or Ric or someone like that disagrees. It would be cool to hear from them though.

Here's the description from the auction, where Ray mentions the metallic spots, etc.

SWEET! SET OLD ALLEY AGATE CHRISTMAS TREE SWIRLS , A FEW OF THEM ARE VERY WILD! A FEW ALSO HAS SOME NEAT SPOTS OF COPPER LOOKING METALLIC AND SOME HORSE HAIR OXBLOOD ON THEM , GREAT LOOKING SET IN HAND AND WAY BETTER THAN THE PIX SHOW , THAT GREEN COLORS IS MUCH MORE OR A SOFT MINTY GREEN THAN A BRIGHT GREEN LIKE IN THE PIX ,

Thanks triker. I have green and horsehair oxblood and I have the white base with blue ribbons and the metalic ribbons, but haven't seen red and green or the beigey color around the red. I haven't seen all the Alley's either, but they are pretty marbles and I' ve never known Ray to misidentify.

They're at least interesting. If people don't recognize them because they're so rare, then you might want to hang onto them because they're so rare. Make a copy of the auction listing and store it with them. If people don't recognize them because we're just not thinking straight ... then sorry! lol

You might end up thinking it was one of the best buys you made! Or not. Nothing ventured nothing gained, huh?

But they are nice and colorful. And I still like them!

My 2 cents!

Congrats on the scholarship.